Reloading help - 6.5 PRC

OP
T
Quick non-update update: The rifle came back from the mother ship with a new barrel...big surprise. I broke it in a while back but decided to hold off on load dev and accuracy evaluation until my backordered Lapua brass showed up and my new, dedicated can gets out of jail.

Still waiting on the can, but I have the brass now......holy moly, I've always heard that Lapua was super high quality and now I believe it! After checking the distribution of weights, 97 of the 100 cases are within a grain and the remaining few bring it up to a ~2 grain total variance. This is <1% at the worst and ~0.5% after culling. My Nosler seconds were within 6.5 grains after culling 2/3 of the batch!

I'll probably skip deburring the flash holes since they are drilled vs punched, but I will debur & chamfer the case mouths. Neck sizing is pre-set to .002" tension. Could not ask for a better lot. This may be old news to most of you, but I was impressed regardless.

Should have the can pretty soon and will post updates after I start working up a load. I hope to have the tack driver I originally expected in time for hunting season.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
Did you have a new barrel installed or did you send back to Christenson arms?

To make a very long story as short as possibly, I had a Ridgeline, shot the worst, sent it back, they spun up a new barrel, sent it back, shot good. Their customer service is top notch. The question is, why is it even needed?.. They admitted that the barrel I had was bad “so try this one out”. This one shoots thankfully. After I shoot this one out, I won’t buy another.

4ester

WKR
To make a very long story as short as possibly, I had a Ridgeline, shot the worst, sent it back, they spun up a new barrel, sent it back, shot good. Their customer service is top notch. The question is, why is it even needed?.. They admitted that the barrel I had was bad “so try this one out”. This one shoots thankfully. After I shoot this one out, I won’t buy another.

Seems way too common. They could shrink their customer service department if they put out a good product on the first try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems way too common. They could shrink their customer service department if they put out a good product on the first try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know a few guys who use their barrel blanks and have their local GS chamber them and they work great. I’m no gunsmith, but I think those production reamers get beat up.