Reloading literature/guru’s

serorem

FNG
I’m looking to get back into reloading. I had a great family friend who passed away several years ago that was a master at reloading and taught me a lot about it 20+yrs ago but I honestly never really developed a passion for it at the time. I recently was given just about everything I need to reload minus some dies and small stuff but what I’m curious on is what are some good reloading books, personalities on YouTube, websites... that you guys recommend to research? Any info is appreciated!

Wvroach

WKR
Iraqveteran8888 and hicock45 both are a really good starting point for reloading.

Panhandle and long range only/Jeff brozovich those two cover about anything you will need to know. Anything else is pretty basic and any manual would explain.

I like Sam Millard Panhandle Precision, Bolt Action Reloading, Johnny's Reloading Bench, Hornady Loader, GunBlue490, Hawkeye Gunsmithing, SDKWeber(Extreme Reloading) for bolt action rifles.

I also like the F-class reloaders for really precise thinking: Erik Cortina, F-Class John, Joe Regina.

All the above are youtube channels.

Last edited:

Pilchuck

FNG
Don't forget to lube the brass before pressing the primer out. Oops. New die from amazon on the way.

wyosam

WKR
Don't forget to lube the brass before pressing the primer out. Oops. New die from amazon on the way.

There’s a tool to get that out. That’s the key to reloading- There is always one more tool you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lak2004

WKR
Panhandle precision also has a website with good articles of you can't stand watching more youtube videos like me...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Pilchuck

FNG
There’s a tool to get that out. That’s the key to reloading- There is always one more tool you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assume it doesn't rhyme with shmammer? Cause that didn't work lol

Treerat-sniper

Lil-Rokslider
ABC's of Reloading by Dean Grennell is a fantastic book, it's a little dated but a great read (mine is an old 2nd edition). Otherwise get a hold of as many manuals as you can, occasionally they pop up at used book stores. The Lyman books are fantastic, if you get into casting, the Cast Bullet Handbook is a must read. Bullet manufacturers are usually specific to their brands (Nosler, Sierra, Hornady). Lee's Modern Reloading has tons of cast & jacketed load data, everyone should own a copy.

Last edited: