Reloading Newb

FreeBeer

FNG
156 grain bullets may be a bit big in the creedmore may want to look for something in the 140-150 range. Also may want a powder trickler.

As to primer seating this could be wrong but I just use a rcbs hand primer and it works just fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
DoveBlaster
I hope you meant SRP and not SPP for .223. Those pistol primers won't help you there lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes, I meant SRP, I’ve been stacking up SPP as well because I’ll get a 9mm toolhead going at some point.
156 grain bullets may be a bit big in the creedmore may want to look for something in the 140-150 range. Also may want a powder trickler.

As to primer seating this could be wrong but I just use a rcbs hand primer and it works just fine for me.

I haven’t even tried the 156s. Been shooting a Hornady 140 match with decent results. Haven’t spent enough time behind the trigger to settle on a load just yet.

I’m using a K&M Precision primer seater and its worked just fine for me so far.

Dillon is mounted to a 1/4” plate and the plate is now mounted to the table. Mr. Bullet feeder is properly flipping and dropping bullets. Case feeder is also working properly. When I get some time over the next week I’m goin to get all the dies and powder dropper set.
117CE812-6132-4A68-A989-73A9E5ACF6CD.jpegThats it fer now

35remy

FNG
Don’t underestimate the Lee hand press. With a toddler around, sometimes I cannot make it out to the bench. The hand press allows me to crank out a few 300BO subs while I’m sitting in the kitchen. I use it to size bullets for my SML also.

woods89

WKR
Yes, I meant SRP, I’ve been stacking up SPP as well because I’ll get a 9mm toolhead going at some point.

I haven’t even tried the 156s. Been shooting a Hornady 140 match with decent results. Haven’t spent enough time behind the trigger to settle on a load just yet.

I’m using a K&M Precision primer seater and its worked just fine for me so far.

Dillon is mounted to a 1/4” plate and the plate is now mounted to the table. Mr. Bullet feeder is properly flipping and dropping bullets. Case feeder is also working properly. When I get some time over the next week I’m goin to get all the dies and powder dropper set.
View attachment 294754Thats it fer now
If you try the 156's,

I found H4350 to pressure out before I got the velocity I wanted. RL 16 got me to 2650 in a 22" barrel but I'm about 3/10 under pressure signs. You will likely need to go above book loads to get to 2650 or so. More mag length than SAAMI spec is helpful. Proceed with caution.

Terminal performance and accuracy have been really good so far, though. It's definitely pushing the limits of the CM. Honestly there are 130-140 class bullets that fill almost any body's needs.

PRC_GUY

WKR
I’m trying to get the actual bench and bench area all set up. Repurposed an old drafting table and some wooden shelving. As tradition some Folgers coffee cans for brass Ect.
36c74f09e1b87a8b52155079331c902d.jpg

Got the In Line Mount mocked up and ready for the Redding T7 which gets here tomorrow with 200 pieces of Lapua Brass. I am still looking for a LE Wilson expanded mandrel as I couldn’t find one in stock at Midway or Brownells.

Thursday a Frankford Arsenal Tumbler gets here along with some cleaning packs and I forgot case holders for the trimmer so they are on the way as well in 6.5 and 30/06.

I decided to exchange the LE Wilson trimmer w micrometer for the LE Wilson/ Sinclair Ultimate Micrometer trimmer and base. It looks really nice and only a $45 or so upgrade.

So far that’s it. I hope to be prepping some once fired brass this weekend.

Need to have Giraud case trimmer too and AMP mark II.

OP
DoveBlaster
If you try the 156's,

I found H4350 to pressure out before I got the velocity I wanted. RL 16 got me to 2650 in a 22" barrel but I'm about 3/10 under pressure signs. You will likely need to go above book loads to get to 2650 or so. More mag length than SAAMI spec is helpful. Proceed with caution.

Terminal performance and accuracy have been really good so far, though. It's definitely pushing the limits of the CM. Honestly there are 130-140 class bullets that fill almost any body's needs.

I actually moved on from the few 156s I had. I have been shooting 140BTHPs because availability but have some 140ELDMs sitting around and going to work a load for them. Haven't been shooting much lately and I'm trying to start load development on my 22-250. Life gets in the way

OP
DoveBlaster
Need to have Giraud case trimmer too and AMP mark II.
I've got an annealeez, couldn't break the bank for the AMP just yet. I've looked a the Giraud as well and might make the upgrade once I have some play money