Reloading Once Fired Norma Brass

I have some once fired Norma Brass. These cases were from the whitetail line of ammo, and at 31.99 a box for 300 win mag I would consider them "sufficient" for deer (2 inch groups from my BAR MK2). I cannot seem to get them to group even after messing with my BOSS system, so I now have 100 cases.

I measured a unfired case and then a fired case in my rifle using the Hornady tool. It appears the brass has grew .008, but when I use my Redding FL sizer in my Co-Ax press it doesn't give me any "bump" of the shoulder, even when cam-over is set pretty good. I also am using a Larry Willis die to make sure the belt is good, and my mock up round seems to chamber fine.

I am assuming the brass hasn't grown enough to my chamber due to only 1 firing.

Am I correct in this assumption?
Any other food for thought?

Loading Barnes 175 LRX with H4350 if it matters. COAL is limited by magazine on the BAR. This is my "out west" rifle

Thanks for your ideas and input

Gila

WKR
I have some once fired Norma Brass. These cases were from the whitetail line of ammo, and at 31.99 a box for 300 win mag I would consider them "sufficient" for deer (2 inch groups from my BAR MK2). I cannot seem to get them to group even after messing with my BOSS system, so I now have 100 cases.

I measured a unfired case and then a fired case in my rifle using the Hornady tool. It appears the brass has grew .008, but when I use my Redding FL sizer in my Co-Ax press it doesn't give me any "bump" of the shoulder, even when cam-over is set pretty good. I also am using a Larry Willis die to make sure the belt is good, and my mock up round seems to chamber fine.

Loading Barnes 175 LRX with H4350 if it matters. COAL is limited by magazine on the BAR. This is my "out west" rifle

I bought a box of that ammo to break-in my barrel. After firing the brass measured 2.623. I bumped the shoulder from .275 (my chamber) to .273. Not enough of a bulge above the belt to make a difference.

ams30gts

FNG
It doesn't always grow after a single firing, sometimes it takes a few. As long as the neck gets sized, you should be ok.

I have also had a situation where I needed to take a very small amount off the bottom of my Redding die to get the bump after giving the brass multiple firings. Not saying that is your issue here but did have to do that on one of my calibers.

Why do you want to bump the shoulder if it doesn’t need it. Factory rounds generally have a generous head space to fit in all rifles. To me .008 is a generous growth. Also, your rifle might not like that bullet or powder combination. The Barnes generally like a jump so this might help with mag length. I use IMR 4350 in my 300 WM and it does great but there are better powders.