Reloading table static question

sdupontjr

WKR
I'm finally getting around to getting back on my small reloading table. To keep peace in the house, I decided to build the frame out of steel tubing and will recess some red oak in itso it can be stained to match some of the furniture in the house :rolleyes:. The frame would powder coated to match as well. I also placed some 1/4" plate bracing hidden under so the press has something to mount and not torque the wood. As I was doing this it crossed my mind about static and having a table frame made of steel. Would this be an issues with anything? Remember, NEWB here.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Sounds like a lot of work. Get a few 2x4 and an 80 dollar sheet of plywood! It’ll be stained with cleaning solvent in no time. Call it distressed while showing your buddies over a nice craft beer.

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
It was actually some scrap in my shop. I was gonna do aluminum but figured the steel was heavier and wouldn't move as much when pressing.

Sled

WKR
At work we have wood tables with a metal flat bar that is grounded. This is for explosives assembly and required by the ATF. I understand he is it removes the static that we bring to the table. I do not have my wood table at home grounded. I also don't shuffle my socks on the carpet.

Rob5589

WKR
If it were an issue we'd have heard about it by now. I always wipe my electronic scale down with a used dryer sheet as well as the inside of my manual thrower. It just about eliminates any powder sticking inside. If you are that concerned there are anti static mats for building computers and such that you could try.

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
Yeah, if I wouldn't have to keep peace, It would be simple 2x4's, but that's "ugly". But the more I think about it, your right. probably would have seen something about it now.

Warmsy

WKR
Sounds like a lot of work. Get a few 2x4 and an 80 dollar sheet of plywood! It’ll be stained with cleaning solvent in no time. Call it distressed while showing your buddies over a nice craft beer.
Where the hell are you getting $80 plywood?! It's 115/ sheet for 1/2" CDC here.