Rem 700 Rebarrel Options??

BCD

WKR
I'm thinking of replacing the barrel on my Remington 700 30-06. I would like to get one that is pre-blued preferably. Any suggestions for where I should look?

Thanks!!

WKR
Can't help on the blued. Benchmark makes some outstanding smaller contour stainless blanks. I'd go with them I think on another lighter build.

Reactions: BCD
Not really sure of any custom barrel maker that has a barrel already blued since it could get messed up during the install process. If you are talking a barrel blank anyway, between the chambering and cutting and crowning the muzzle it probably wouldn't work out well. You are better off maybe putting a WTB add in the classifieds for a factory take-off barrel that could be reinstalled. You can sometimes find new barrels from guys buying rifles for just the actions.

hodgeman

WKR
For a barrel that is already finished, you'll most likely need to go to a "Remage" nut similar to the Savage with a barrel nut.

Not sure what your end goal is, but I'd replace it with a stainless barrel and Cerakote the barrel and action together so they match. Often, separate bluing batches won't match.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
For a barrel that is already finished, you'll most likely need to go to a "Remage" nut similar to the Savage with a barrel nut.

Not sure what your end goal is, but I'd replace it with a stainless barrel and Cerakote the barrel and action together so they match. Often, separate bluing batches won't match.

The rifle isn’t very accurate and I’ve ruled out most of the reasons why this might be the case. I don’t care at all about it being lightweight as long as it’s not heavier than the factory barrels. Considering the state of Remington and quality issues, im a little nervous about buying a factory barrel....

Dcaccia

FNG
Just had a barrel replaced on my 300wm sendero. I went with Bartlein, I also had the action blueprinted, and bedded. First time to the range with it and i shot a .75” 4 shot group at 200 with factory ammo. Before I had the work done, that rifle destroyed my confidence. I couldn’t be more happy with it now. I ordered the barrel from redhawkrifles.com it was $355 I believe. They had a good selection of contours in stock when I ordered. Find a good gunsmith, ask around local ranges if you don’t have one yet.

WKR
The rifle isn’t very accurate and I’ve ruled out most of the reasons why this might be the case. I don’t care at all about it being lightweight as long as it’s not heavier than the factory barrels. Considering the state of Remington and quality issues, im a little nervous about buying a factory barrel....
I'd just go stainless with bead blasting on barrel but if all one color is important, stainless plus entire thing cerakoted. I think Lilja will also match a Rem Sporter barrel.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
Just had a barrel replaced on my 300wm sendero. I went with Bartlein, I also had the action blueprinted, and bedded. First time to the range with it and i shot a .75” 4 shot group at 200 with factory ammo. Before I had the work done, that rifle destroyed my confidence. I couldn’t be more happy with it now. I ordered the barrel from redhawkrifles.com it was $355 I believe. They had a good selection of contours in stock when I ordered. Find a good gunsmith, ask around local ranges if you don’t have one yet.

Good info! So what was your total cost for the upgrade?