Rem Mod 7 torque?

Can anyone tell me what the torque settings are for my Rem Mod 7 in 300 Saum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the guard screws or base screws?
Guard screws will be right around 40 inch lbs
Base screws don't want to be any more than 25-30 in/lbs

Loktite on the base screws, never loktite on the guard screws. Also, if you don't have a torque driver, use an Allen key and insert short end into screw head, tighten up until the Allen key bends slightly with one finger. The length of the Allen key is designed specifically for the amount of torque that specific head size can handle. Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

If it's a wooden stock guard screws are 25ish, 40 is for synthetic stocks.
Yes, sorry. You are correct. You can bump it up to 30 but you've gotta be careful of the wood collapsing of it doesn't have pillars in it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
Silvereagle50
It was the black plastic stock.
Just put a B&C stock on it this evening.
Googled it and found a post from Snipershide. They said 35” for front and 15” for that little screw in back.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I read that same post and tried 35/15. My gun shot horrible. I tightened the rear screw as tight as I felt comfortable. Ended up at 30. Then loosened up the front screw and matched the torque of the rear. Groups went from 2” to under .5” at 100 yards. I called it good.

OP
Silvereagle50
I read that same post and tried 35/15. My gun shot horrible. I tightened the rear screw as tight as I felt comfortable. Ended up at 30. Then loosened up the front screw and matched the torque of the rear. Groups went from 2” to under .5” at 100 yards. I called it good.

Thanks for that. Just shot it and got a horrible group.
That’s 4 shots. 2 in one hole at the top.
bf66dc1952f39a8ea494a0c9c5bdf607.jpg

Gradually tighten that rear screw up a bit more and see what happens.
How did it shoot in the factory plastic stock?

OP
Silvereagle50
Any concerns or ideas on it seems that the front action screw seems to bottom out???
backed off both screws. went with 20 in lbs on both first. Then 30”. The back one moved some, the front none at all.
I’ve noticed this several times while installing and removing the stock.

0uTkAsT

FNG
Any concerns or ideas on it seems that the front action screw seems to bottom out???
backed off both screws. went with 20 in lbs on both first. Then 30”. The back one moved some, the front none at all.
I’ve noticed this several times while installing and removing the stock.
Can you see evidence on the screw of it bottoming out? If so, I'd personally take some length off that screw.