Rem Model 7 bolt knob

I’d like to have the bolt knob on my model 7 threaded to install a larger bolt knob. Does anyone have a recommendation on who I should use? Should be the same as a 700 I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B23

WKR
Lots of gunsmiths are capable of doing this and I'm sure there's probably some that are more local to you but if you want to send it to someone I've had excellent service and work done by Karl Kampfeld from Kampfeld Customs. http://www.kampfeldcustom.com/

Karl installed the bolt knob and fluted the bolt on this one for me.
6Creedmoor.jpg

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Some thread the existing bolt and some put a pin in place with threads. This is due to inclusion in the cast bolt knob. I’d consider the pin route as you know there is less chance of snapping off. Long Rifles Inc or Tacops is who I’d recommend.

stevevan

WKR
Some thread the existing bolt and some put a pin in place with threads. This is due to inclusion in the cast bolt knob. I’d consider the pin route as you know there is less chance of snapping off. Long Rifles Inc or Tacops is who I’d recommend.
Karl Kampfeld without a doubt. He has done numerous bolt knob installations for me. He has a great choice of knobs that he makes. Personally I've had him install his "Campfire" knob on my Model 7 and it's a perfect match for that rifle.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I should have mentioned earlier, Karl is the other Smith I’d recommend. Top notch work. He built me a .223AI years ago on a Borden action that drives nails.