Remi Warren no longer hosting Cutting The Distance

grfox92

WKR
Just saw today that Remi will no longer be hosting Cutting The Distance, which is in my opinion the most useful tactics and education based podcast for the western hunter.

The show will be hosted, after the new year by Jason Phelps, which could be good. But I'm not sure you can replace Remi Warren with anyone to be honest. The guys is just straight up, a talented natural born hunter.

I'm curious to know if it has anything to do with the drama surrounding the Rinella brothers and bad press, or if Remi just wants to be independent and do his own thing. He did say at the end of the last podcast that he will be coming back out with his own new Podcast very soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JohnB

WKR
That sucks. I've really enjoyed Remi's stories and tips. Maybe he's finally run out of them?

rclouse79

WKR
That sucks. I've really enjoyed Remi's stories and tips. Maybe he's finally run out of them?
Ha! There seems to be a finite amount of tips. I have listened to some podcasts that started out educational and entertaining and end up dudes sitting around shooting the breeze. That is where I sign off.

R_burg

WKR
It always seemed weird to have a guy doing a ME podcast when he is independently sponsored by competitors of ME sponsors.

My guess? They wanted him to wear First Lite and stop shooting a Sako.
Ha! Same thought I had.... Which honestly is understandable. Seems like they've been pushing to have everyone under their umbrella for a while now.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
It always seemed weird to have a guy doing a ME podcast when he is independently sponsored by competitors of ME sponsors.

My guess? They wanted him to wear First Lite and stop shooting a Sako.
I thought it was a conflict of interest when Remi first started doing a podcast for MeatEater.

He's heavily sponsored by Underarmor, I'm surprised they allowed it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Troutnut

FNG
It would be nice to know what happened. I'll just unsubscribe to Cutting the Distance and subscribe to whatever Remi does. Obviously he is the whole show. Without him it's just some other hunting podcast. There are plenty of those already.

Dackdack

FNG
My guess is he just wants to work for himself. You see it all the time with podcasts. People get a start working under large companies and build a following. When it’s big enough they bail and start their own thing. His new podcast will likely give him more freedom to say what he truly believes without having to worry about insulting anyone at Meateater or first life etc.

Scorpion

WKR
My guess is he just wants to work for himself. You see it all the time with podcasts. People get a start working under large companies and build a following. When it’s big enough they bail and start their own thing. His new podcast will likely give him more freedom to say what he truly believes without having to worry about insulting anyone at Meateater or first life etc.
Except in this instance, Remi Warren had clout within the hunting world and was more successful as a hunter than most at MeatEater. I’m surprised that it lasted as long as it did.