Remi Warren no longer hosting Cutting The Distance

ODB

WKR
Except in this instance, Remi Warren had clout within the hunting world and was more successful as a hunter than most at MeatEater. I’m surprised that it lasted as long as it did.

Was gonna say the same thing. Not that I’m a huge Tv hunter guy, but Remi seemed content to be doing his own thing before meateater and it looks like he’ll enjoy doing (just) his own thing now.

It just goes to show you that being part of a mega machine doesn’t always translate into it being the best thing for the individuals.

I admire his independence. Good luck to him.

I’m glad he’s done with cutting the distance, he is one of the few in the industry that doesn’t need to ride anyone’s coat tails.

Whatever is next for him will be better for him I believe. He’s a good dude, and seemingly un-tainted from the industry, and think he will maintain that.

The fact that it happened at the end of a calendar year does make it seem like it’s a “we’re just moving on” from one or both parties. Easy to just let a contract run out and revamp things in the new year. I look forward to Remi’s new podcast, and I’m happy to give Jason a shot at CTD.

Yes, Remi's is the only one I listen to regularly anymore, plus Randy's usually.

I used to really enjoy Meateater but now it just doesn't seem to have much meat in it, as I personally am not a fan of just listening to them shoot the sh$t for so long.

With Remi's focus on helping hunters, I'm sure he'll find great success on his own and be allowed to reap the benefits of sponsors. Heck, they had just signed on Chevrolet as a sponsor a month or two back, so I'm assuming his metrics must have been pretty darn good.

ODB

WKR
I used to really enjoy Meateater but now it just doesn't seem to have much meat in it, as I personally am not a fan of just listening to them shoot the sh$t for so long.

This is spot-on. Very hard to stay engaged with so much static.

I have listened to a few of Clays podcasts and the narrative arc of those are pretty good. I am not talking about the Render ones - those are as inchoate as the meateater ones. But when there is a path, clays are good. He’s, verbally, a better storyteller than Steve. notwithstanding That sort of halting speaking style.

bozeman

WKR
If he does his own, I will start to listen again. Got turned off due to the ME connection.....so wish him the best in any new endeavors.....seems like a straight up fella.

rbljack

WKR
well sad to hear that remi is leaving that podcast. But at the same type...i like watching and listening to Phelps on the youtube as well...so I guess I will wait and see what Remi moves to next and get signed up for it. Whether its podcast or youtube. I did feel like he was putting out the best educational and entertainment value for podcasts. He managed to keep it interesting in every episode.

npm352

WKR
I’m glad he’s done with cutting the distance, he is one of the few in the industry that doesn’t need to ride anyone’s coat tails.

Whatever is next for him will be better for him I believe. He’s a good dude, and seemingly un-tainted from the industry, and think he will maintain that.
I have no problem with Remi. He is a great hunter and good communicator and a quality ambassador for our sport ...but to say he is untainted by the industry?

The dude is sponsored by Mountain Dew and Under Armour.

Good for him. I'd love for Mountain Dew to pay me money to post a picture on Instagram of myself planting a tree while crushing a Dew (a recent post of his) but I would say that is the definition of bought and paid for.

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not sure a lot of you folks are tracking some of the history here, Remi got a lot of exposure from being on Meateater repeatedly going back 10+ years now. He also had his own show that was both a flop and just terrible before being brought into the ME foldnofficially with Cutting the Distance.

I’m sure it’s going to be mutually beneficial for everyone, but to say he’s independent on his own outside of ME is to ignore the complete history.

If none of you have watched any episodes of “solo Hunter” don’t bother, it’s pretty much from the intro “I’m better than you and i know it.”

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
Wow Flare...I never got that vibe from Remi in the "solo hunter" episodes. But....I accepted early on....that he was a way better hunter than I am.;)
Maybe it’s less Remi and more that other fella, Tim. But man it’s pretty much laid out in the intro, or at least it was. I guess i can’t view the old episodes on Amazon anymore, I just remember it was comical in how in your face it was that they were doing something most people can’t or won’t…vs. the meateater message that’s pretty much “the wild is out there waiting for you, you can do this too.”

Anyways, same though, he’s obviously a better hunter, but i don’t need it rubbed in ;)