Remington 700 adl for 184$ at Walmart

Cockeye

WKR
Went to a Walmart about 4 min. away. The old SOB behind the counter refused to scan the tag. Swore up and down that it wasnt on clearance and he has heard and seen every song and dance. So, I didnt get to see if it was actually on sale or not.
Just act like your going to buy it then back out if price at right

Titan

WKR
Yeah, that one is 50/50 on whether he knew and wanted it or you just got a difficult person.

2nd rule of this - move up the ladder if you have problems.

There is a guy at a store close to me that is great. He will spend an hour searching for a $3 knife. I always leave some items for him to buy after he gets off work.

I talked to the Assistant Store Manager at my Walmart in AZ. He said he thought only the stores in TX were clearancing their guns. I asked him to ring up a 270 for me, and it came up $379.99.

Anyone from some place other than TX buy one for $184-ish?

I picked up a 7mm mag yesterday in Florida. And by picked up, I mean paid for but they have a 3 day waiting period though Florida does not have one for long guns. It was a pretty weird purchase. They had all the guns moved to the back so they had to go retrieve it, but they wouldn't let me handle it once they brought it out. No issues scanning it though. They had one more in stock also.

I just got back from visiting my local Walmart (in AZ) - they had one rifle left, chambered in .270. The sticker on the gun said "Clearance $250" but I asked the lady behind the desk to scan it... $184. Was this close to convincing the manager to price match on the 7 mag in the case.

3 different people came in and asked to buy the gun in the case while the manager was ringing me up! Apparently this is yearly occurrence but never advertised by Walmart.

I talked to the Assistant Store Manager at my Walmart in AZ. He said he thought only the stores in TX were clearancing their guns. I asked him to ring up a 270 for me, and it came up $379.99.

Anyone from some place other than TX buy one for $184-ish?

Hucker, which store were you at?

Do yourself a favor and call to find out hours for gun sales. Drove 40 min to find out after 4 pm they dont have enough managers to do a sale. Walmart requires a certain amount of qualified personnel to complete a gun sale along with 2 managers on duty so 1 can walk you out.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Zbowman1

WKR
Seems like most of you guys finding these deals are in the south. Anyone in the northern states finding any of these sale guns? I check my store yesterday and they didn’t have anything on sale. They did have a couple full price ones in the case though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the info! i got a headache trying to find any deals near me. this is a great site but finding the clearance items needs to be simplified. im probly just not navigating properly . congrats to those who were able to buy before the employees hogged up the good deals.

Broomd

WKR
thanks for the info! i got a headache trying to find any deals near me. this is a great site but finding the clearance items needs to be simplified. im probly just not navigating properly . congrats to those who were able to buy before the employees hogged up the good deals.
Post everywhere about that, and call and tell Walmart personally. I remember when many of the Cabelas employees purchased the Swarovski ATM/STM scopes for pennies on the dollar when Swaro was phasing them out; employees rolling out with cartfulls of ten and twenty and selling them on these very forums.
I was able to source an HD ATM 65mm in a MI Cableas Bargain cave during that firesale, but I raised hell with Cabelas about the whole employee Swarovski grab when I got the chance. I don't darken their door anymore.

ericF

WKR
There is another gun forum that has been tracking these deals for a couple years. The 1187s in both 20 and 12 gauge were clearanced out for $250 and picked over pretty good already. Use brickseek of you are interested in something as that is the only real way to know the price. Know the price before you go in and If brickseek says they have it at the clearance price, then escalate if they won't get it for you. Randomly asking sales associates to scan items that are on clearance at other stores doesn't do any good and it clues them in to the deals.

Rveen

FNG
I found two .270's for $184 at a Walmart 30 miles away but it's across the state line and they won't sell to us. Crazy firearm laws... :rolleyes:

Mebe007

Lil-Rokslider
And here I sit on vacation out of state looming at a couple supposed deals at home. Fingers crossed