Remington 700 AWR New Old Stock

Rifles

• Total voters

OMB

WKR
Talk to me about Christensen Mesa. Stainless action? Says the barrel is can’t find anything on the action. Have heard mixed reviews on quality control and accuracy.
I have a Ridgeline, but they're essentially the same rifle except for the carbon wrapped barrel. I had a small issue with the fore end of the stock making barrel contact but other than that, it's been a .5 MOA gun and I would not hesitate to buy another if I was looking for that style of rifle. They've had some QC in the past for what usually seemed like 300 WM/300 WSM guns but it feels like that's worked out. Stainless action and barrel but I think they offer cerakote options as well.

I know there's some guys that don't care if a gun is 8 or 9 pounds instead of 7-7.5 but I'm not one of them if I have to lug the thing around all day.

OP
A
i just took a left turn and bid on a cooper backcountry on gunbroker. Gun looks awesome. Thanks for all the replies!

Just curious. Excellent cartridge. Good luck on the auction. Short of grizzly or brown bear, I would hunt anything in North America with the 7mm RM. Set up one load for deer. A heavier one for elk.

OP
A
Just curious. Excellent cartridge. Good luck on the auction. Short of grizzly or brown bear, I would hunt anything in North America with the 7mm RM. Set up one load for deer. A heavier one for elk.
what length barrel you recommend for a 300 wm?

alex_b

FNG
I am very happy with my Christensen Arms Mesa. It comes from the factory with all the bolt on improvements (trigger, carbon composite stock) that I have added to my 700s over the years. Also the bore doesn't collect copper like my stainless 700.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
Talk to me about Christensen Mesa. Stainless action? Says the barrel is can’t find anything on the action. Have heard mixed reviews on quality control and accuracy.
They are stainless, I own a mesa and a ridgeline and know two others that own ridgelines without any issues.
Below are three different loads with the rifle under 40 rounds through it and bone stock right out of the box.
The targets below are a 6.5 PRC CA Mesa . My ridgeline 300 WM shoots smaller groups with bullets it likes.

Attachments

• CA PRC 1.jpg
    CA PRC 1.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 4
  • CA PRC 2.jpg
    CA PRC 2.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 4
  • CA PRC 3.jpg
    CA PRC 3.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: