Remington 700 bolt knob, gunsmith?

Mine just broke while trying to zero. Getting Tig welded locally this week. Better now then staring at an Alaska Peninsula Brown Bear in a couple weeks.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

^^^ that is what I was wanting to avoid. I’m glad I got mine taken care of, that would 100% destroy a hunt. I’m not sure where you live but Dan at accu-tig in fairbanks made it pretty, just a quick measurement with a feeler guage and send it off. I can absolutely see where he beefed it up. If I ever end up with any more remingtons, that is the very first thing I’ll do. Before I even shoot them or sight them in, I’ll send the bolt off.

^^^ that is what I was wanting to avoid. I’m glad I got mine taken care of, that would 100% destroy a hunt. I’m not sure where you live but Dan at accu-tig in fairbanks made it pretty, just a quick measurement with a feeler guage and send it off. I can absolutely see where he beefed it up. If I ever end up with any more remingtons, that is the very first thing I’ll do. Before I even shoot them or sight them in, I’ll send the bolt off.
Haha I am in Fairbanks, and he fixed mine the next day! And I agree I will have every single one welded.

SDHNTR

WKR
The best thing one could do for a M700, especially when targeting DG, is sell the thing and buy a M70!