WTS/WTT Remington 700 Custom 223 AI (Ackley)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Remington Stainless 700 223 AI with the following specs from previous owner:

Fluted SS Douglas 1-8, 22.5" barrel (IT&D chambered and fluted the barrel)
Shilen Trigger
Free floated and glass bedded
Approx. 200 rounds through it by previous owner, and i've put 40-50 on it
Factory remington bdl stock and bdl bottom metal
Ejection quickly is not an issue, slow removal of brass sometimes doesn't kick it out of the port, i think due to the fact that the shoulder is sharp on Ackley. Sometimes the very tip of the shoulder on my 280 Ackley does the same thing. Would be a simple fix.

In the beginning stages of load development, it shot very well with the 69 gr. nosler custom competition bullets and CFE 223. Wish I had taken pictures last winter, but too late now and I wont be able to go shoot it anytime soon. Sweet little rifle but i had a 22 Creedmoor built and no longer room for this in the safe.

After purchasing from previous owner, I had a friends dad offer me some 223 AI brass available from an estate sale. I would need to count again but if i remember correctly i have about 700-800 pieces of formed brass. Whoever the guy is who did the prep was IMMACULATE in cleaning and spec'ing out brass. All of the brass is in good shape and i'd say maybe fired 2-3 times tops.

Have Redding dies that will go with it, will include rings too, and of course brass mentioned above. Want to sell package all together.

$1350 shipped OBO

Trades: 6.5 PRC rifle, custom action

2600.png

2601.png

2602.png

2603.png

OP
B
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m not positive but to me it seems about like a heavy sporter. The rifle balances really nicely with it.

It’s a Douglas so I’d have to guess it’s a #5