Remington 700 ML Triple Seven load data

Timnterra

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a .50 caliber Remington 700 muzzleloader, the original not the ultimate version. It came with the 209 primer conversion installed. I have tried BH209 and didn’t get any ignition. I picked up a pound of triple seven powder and will be trying it. I have a couple questions...
1. I am new to muzzleloaders and I’m used to weighing all my powder charges from reloading center fire rifles. Has anyone figured out the weight to volume ratio of triple seven?
2. I have .44 cal Hornady 300gr xtp bullets with green sabots to shoot. The load data is only listed in 50gr volume denominations. Has anyone tried different charges to test for accuracy?
3. How do you chrono sabot loafs without destroying a chronograph? I have a magnetospeed and an Ohler 35 both id rather not ruin.
Thanks

LWH723

FNG
If you want to use BH209 in it, you really need this 209 upgrade. The older 209 conversion kits are pretty much junk for BH209. Also be sure to se a mag primer. FED209A or CCI209M.

If you stick with stock 209 kit, be sure to strip bolt down and clean regularly as all the blow back is going straight into bolt.

Sorry, no help on 777. It's been 10+ years since I've used that stuff.

You need to put some kind of cover in front of your chrono. Before I got a lab radar, the pro chrony I had came with a plexiglass cover that worked.