Remington 700 restock

WyoElk

WKR
Looking for suggestions for a new stock for my 700. Looking for some kind of composite/ synthetic that can stand up to a beating. I'm looking at bell and Carlson, McMillan, and HS precision unless you have additional ideas. I held a bell and Carlson stock and wasn't too impressed with the fit and finish. I'd also like to keep it light although it doesn't need to be an ultra lightweight. Thanks.

Last edited:

coop2424

WKR
Add manners to the list and the Christensen arms stocks look good also. Not sure what your budget is but if it lower greyboe is an option or the stockys stocks also has a couple good options.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've got Bell and Carlson Medalist on M700s and a Model Seven. I've bought all of them from Stockystocks.com because they're normally on sale there. They aren't the lightest stock, however, they don't cost an arm and a leg, either. I love the recoil pad and the size of the grip at the palm is perfect for me.

My next one will be a B&C Alaskan.

duchntr

WKR
Wildcat composites might be worth looking at, I have no firsthand experience though. I have a brown poundr that I like not sure id pay what they are asking nowadays though.

Stein

FNG
I have a B&C Alaskan and couldn't be happier.

I have the spider type finish and beat the heck out of it. It still looks great and hides wear well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATX762

Lil-Rokslider
If you want to really drill down and figure out what your hand likes and what feels best...you gotta try a bunch. In terms of getting something at XYZ weight then McMillan, Manners, Brown, etc. The HS and B&C are perfectly good stocks but not on the same level, bit heavier, etc.

For the high-end consistency you can look at what people run in matches and for that it is pretty evenly split between Mcmillan and Manners. Same cost and same wait time. I've got Manners stocks on a half dozen different rifles, but that was mostly because some people at a shooting school I went to had them, so I got to shoot them a lot and figure out which models I liked. I'm still figuring out what models I like. But the manners EH 2 and EH3 are light and have a fairly nice vertical grip for good trigger finger position. The EH3 has a normal size grip with a good fat palm swell and the EH2 has a big almost target/precison rifle grip.

But if yer buying something without trying it, I think it's basically between the upper end carbon fiber jobs versus the mid-range B&C, HS precision, etc, a bit like buying a car without test driving it, you're sort of picking a range/general type rather than a specific vehicle.

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
I'll throw a shout out to wildcat composites. I've got one on my '06 and it replaced a bell Carlson medalist. The wildcat is stiffer, lighter and fits me better/ less perceived recoil. It's also relatively inexpensive.

Here's the weight after painting and bedding it.

05d309dff69b65b4216b1673a3a98893.jpg

5c5eaada9231f1f75fa47220b3eee642.png

83b6cb887646b3720af2907125c393fc.png

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking for suggestions for a new stock for my 700. Looking for some kind of composite/ synthetic that can stand up to a beating. I'm looking at bell and Carlson, McMillan, and HS precision unless you have additional ideas. I held a bell and Carlson stock and wasn't too impressed with the fit and finish. I'd also like to keep it light although it doesn't need to be an ultra lightweight. Thanks.

I would agree with a few others, check out the Christensen Arms stocks. They are fantastic and a great price point.