Remington 700 Titanium owners

Bcleck90

WKR
I recently picked up a 1st Gen Remington 700 Titanium 30-06. Did these come factory with a Limbsaver recoil pad- big R in the middle? I’m assuming this is factory but I was hoping someone could confirm yes or no. Thanks in advance!97093

jeffpg

WKR
It probably is the original stock. I have several of these rifles, and the pads were made for Limbsaver by a company that had some problems with the pads getting very sticky and practically melting down after a few years. Remington replaced some pads and stocks on these for customers throughout the years. It's a very common problem with the recoil pads on these rifle stocks, but the stocks themselves are great.

OP
B

Bcleck90

WKR
It probably is the original stock. I have several of these rifles, and the pads were made for Limbsaver by a company that had some problems with the pads getting very sticky and practically melting down after a few years. Remington replaced some pads and stocks on these for customers throughout the years. It's a very common problem with the recoil pads on these rifle stocks, but the stocks themselves are great.

Thank you for the reply. The stock I know is original but just wasn't sure about the recoil pad. I guess the pad is easy enough to replace if needed.

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
I have one that came factory on a Remington 700 in .221 fireball. It got sticky as above poster mentioned but I never realized it was a common problem - learned something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sako76

WKR
Call Remington or Limbsaver, they will replace it. I heard they will send you the pad attached to a new stock (B&C) so your rifle won't be original. Good luck.