Remington 700 Trigger Upgrade

Looking to upgrade the trigger in my Remington 700 7mm. Been looking at Trigger Tech, Jewel, Timney, etc. Just curious what people have used and liked or disliked. Thanks

Last edited:
I have a Trigger Tech primary in 4 rifles and have been pleased with them. Easy install, no reliability issues and a good clean/crisp break.

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
The best I have used is from Bix'n Andy. Highly recommended. I have owned and used Jewell, Huber & Timney Calvin Elites. All good options but I really like the Bix'n Andy triggers.

Triggertech has been good to me. Got a timney that’s also just fine. Bixn Andy Dakota looks nice and I wouldn’t hesitate to try one.

TN2shot07

WKR
The couple I’ve replaced have been Timneys with no problems. I have two more that I plan to change out this year and the first one I’m planning to try a trigger tech, probably just a primary.

Axlrod

WKR
I'm having a new gun built, and my gunsmith told me Jewel and Bix were the 2 he would recommend. I have several Timney's and Trigger tech's that I like. So I ordered a Bix n Andy TacSport with an additional gator trigger shoe to try out. I put it on a Rem VLS 204 Ruger. This trigger is by far the best I have used, and my new custom will also get a Bix TacSport w/Gator shoe.

Str8shtr

Lil-Rokslider
Triggertech primary is plenty good for any hunting rifle. Only reason to spend more would be if you wanted less than 1.5lb trigger pull which isn't necessary for hunting imo. Basically anything will be much better than your factory trigger.

I've got a Triggertech in mine. It was a big upgrade. I'm sure the Timneys are also great.

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
Had a few Timneys get filled with crud and affected the pull. Switched to Trigger Tech and haven't been disappointed.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You guys suck. I just finished paying taxes and decided to look at the trigger tech page. Got one on the way for a Remington 700 xcr2 375HH.