Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader - Anybody use one this fall?

bradb

WKR
It really isn't set up much different then mine and a lot of the guns on Doug's message board. I like the sabotless shooting but doesn't mean it's better . I use the 300 Parker max Hunter for hunting, but have had bcceven mid way blems shooting great. I can shoot with sabots but have not found the need to even try in my gun. With both black horn and smokeless powder it is scary accurate

I have shot the 275 grain match hunter with 160 grains of b209 and without sabots did very well and with sabot it did just as good actually shot little tighter group and had more fps thethe the crono

OP
S
Just got a cc hit for AZ muzzy elk. That's why all the research. I have a Thompson Bone Collector 50 inline for Colo. (after using a 54 Renegade for the last 25 years) AZ is very different in that you can use scopes, sabots, pelletized powder. Prolly just try a scope and some sabots in my TC first and see how it works. SB pretty solid to 250 yds I'm thinkin. Thoughts?

OP
S
I've killed a pile of elk with that old 54 Renegade with Pyrodex and 435 grain Buffalo bullets. I got that TC inline a few years ago and it has a lot more range obviously even with iron sights 150 for sure maybe 200 from the bench. Gonna put a Williams peep site on it and see how it goes. Colo muzzy ends on 9/20 and AZ starts on 9/25. Prolly try some Talleys and a scope on it also. Good problem to have.

trekker9

FNG
Haven't used the "ultimate" 700, but I have one of the older 700 M/L's. Bought mine in 96. Converted to 209, it's a great gun. They can be found used for a good price. Not sure on weight.

Robby this gun is sweet very I love the remington like most remington I don't like there triggers!! I put a trigger job on the triggers it has a crisp break at 2 pounds. I love the Parker bullets I shoot in it . I'm gonna Try a bunch of loads this spring with different bullets powder.

Hey Iceman - Do you have just the normal Bell and Carlson Ultimate Muzzleloader M40 Stock or do you know if one could potentially buy one of the other styles with the raised/adjustable cheek plate and make it work?

ENCORE

WKR
Hey Iceman - Do you have just the normal Bell and Carlson Ultimate Muzzleloader M40 Stock or do you know if one could potentially buy one of the other styles with the raised/adjustable cheek plate and make it work?

Many of the Remington 700 and S/A stocks will work, but they have to build them for the correct barrel contour. McMillan builds the stocks for Ultimate Firearms and has the barrel contour programed into their CNC equipment.

Too bad you can't shoot loose powder out of it, can't use it in a few states (CO included) because of that. This is based on what Rem says, I'm sure this will be tested but I would have a hard time pulling the trigger on this when the mfg only recommends pellets.
For what its worth, I've owned the new 700 UML and have had zero issues with it and I shoot loose Blackhorn 209 exclusively. 91 grains by weight is what mine prefers and I've literally stacked rounds on top of each other at 200yds+ - Shot a buck in Nebraska last fall at 265yds, Very pleased with its performance

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't used the "ultimate" 700, but I have one of the older 700 M/L's. Bought mine in 96. Converted to 209, it's a great gun. They can be found used for a good price. Not sure on weight.
I also have an older one using a 209 primer.
Fires every time and groups 1.5” or less at 100 yards.

ENCORE

WKR
For what its worth, I've owned the new 700 UML and have had zero issues with it and I shoot loose Blackhorn 209 exclusively. 91 grains by weight is what mine prefers and I've literally stacked rounds on top of each other at 200yds+ - Shot a buck in Nebraska last fall at 265yds, Very pleased with its performance
Just a matter of time and this will happen...........

Gas cut breech plug.jpg