Remington 700 Upgrade or Buy New Tikka?

OP
M
Thanks everyone for the input I'm going to get a 270 win Tikka since I already bought a new scope and I will look into finding a used stock for the Remington as time goes on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Epi610

FNG
Every Tikka I have had experience with in the last ten years has been excellent. Unfortunately I’ve seen some mediocre performances from “newer” Rems. 70’s and 80’s still seem a tad more consistent IMHO and experience. Good luck

SDHNTR

WKR
I would stay away from Tikka. Buy USA. Remington 700s are a classic. Get them while you can
Sure would be nice if the modern versions of 700’s could actually still be considered classic! To me, “Classic” denotes quality.

EM_556

WKR
Sure would be nice if the modern versions of 700’s could actually still be considered classic! To me, “Classic” denotes quality.
Maybe I get lucky. I have old and new Remington 700s. I have never had an issue. I will admit the old rifles are typically nicer. I use them to hunt whitetail, varmint, and western hunts. Also use them to shoot long distance. I always get them to shoot sub-MOA, and they have the most available aftermarket accessories. I have had more bad experiences with foreign companies Tikka/Sako, etc. Could just be the luck of the draw though.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Remington Sportsman 78 in 308 a few years back. I replaced the birch stock with a Bell and Carson Alaskan and installed a Timney trigger. I recently had the barrel cut down to 20" and threaded for a suppressor. That 308 is a real soft shooting rifle in that stock. I had my son's girlfriend shooting it and she loved it. I am trying to shoot that barrel out so I can replace it with a remage barrel.

On the other hand, i do not have a Tikka, but missed out on a smoking deal on a stainless 30-06 Tikka. Wish I had jumped on that.

Attachments

• Rem 308.jpg
    Rem 308.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 26