Remington Accutip vs Barnes TEZ

Hey guys, I have been shooting the Remington Accutips out of my Ultimate. Getting good results but they are getting hard to find here locally. I have some Barnes TEZ 250's. I know the bullets are the same, but how about the sabots? Does anyone know what ones the Remington is using?

Remington uses a proprietary sabot that handles the extreme pressure and you can't get it anywhere. You should be ok using TEZ sabot unless you're shooting full 200 gr powder charges then you'll have severe accuracy issues. I would recommend using a sub base behind TEZ sabot from muzzleloadingbullets.com then you can shoot 200 gr charges with any sabot. The sub base acts as a gas check and protects sabot as it leaves muzzle. I use them in a cva, knight disc and rem ultimate 700 and all 3 guns will put 3 touching @100 yds where w/out sub base i couldn't shoot magnum charges and maintain sub 3" group now im sub 1" groups and it didnt matter powder or sabot/bullet. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
S
Good to know, thank you! I am shooting 97 Gr by weight of BH209 and shooting 1" groups right now. I do get a flier once in a while. that is about 2" off.

Good to know, thank you! I am shooting 97 Gr by weight of BH209 and shooting 1" groups right now. I do get a flier once in a while. that is about 2" off.
For sure!! That measures about 140gr volume I believe that's a good load if you are looking for long range bullets I recommend parker productions match hunter im shooting 700 yards with a 327gr match hunter a sub base and 105 gr weight BH209

OP
S
Nice, yeah I tried those and from some reason I can't get a group <3" at 100 yards. It has been super weird. I am sure if I mess with the load some more I could dial it in. It is just getting close to my hunt and they are kind of $$ to be wasting too many. I switched to the Remington because I had them and was right down to 1". Not sure what wasn't right that I was doing.

Where are you hunting? Are you allowed a magnified scope?

Nice im running a 4-16x44 vortex viper in Utah as well

ENCORE

WKR
Sabots will hold up to BH209 max charges in either the RUM or UF.
The BP Xpress uses a Harvester H5045LB sabot with .452" bullets. There's no problem with those sabots shooting 180grs of T7.