Remington Core Lokt Tipped

sdupontjr

WKR
Not sure if this is correct location or not, but I guess technically its not reloading. However, has anyone tried out the new Remington Core Lokt tipped rounds yet? The standard 150-grain .30-caliber Core-Lokt bullet has a BC of .314, and the new Tipped version has a BC of .480. I'm only asking because my Tikka T3 308 will just about stack the old soft points in the same hole at 100 yards and these would give you better BC for distances in a factory round.

Rifles And More

Lil-Rokslider
I have avoided them - just because I'm resistant to change. Core Lokt has always been my fallback ammo as it just seems to work.

All things being the same, it should be a good improvement. I would shoot it out though, most advertised BC numbers are optimistic.

jhm2023

WKR
People still use corelokt? Last time I saw any of that stuff it looked like an assembly line of apes had produced the ammo with multitools. I cant imagine adding a polymer tip would make it much better, though maybe the new ownership has improved the quality.

Although I shoot Barnes Vor-tx ammunition in just about everything, I have a Remington Model Seven in 260 REM and a Tikka T3 SL in 7RM that shoot the Core Lokts MOA. I would love to see what the tipped ammunition would do.

Just bought a few boxes of 150 grain for my 1916 Springfield 30/06. It loved the core lokt from back in the day. We will see how they do .
Well they did amazing. Bought a few boxes for my savage 110 7mm. Both guns loved them shot great. . They grouped just like the hornady sst that I have hunted with for a few years now

Have not shot the newer ones but have a good supply of the older lead tipped cor-lokts 180gr. soft points in 30-06 deer killing bullet there. If they perform like the Hornady SST bullets they are on to something good.

H80Hunter

WKR
I shot some out of a Ruger American .308 and they shot as well as basically everything out of that gun. Oddly, the gun loves Hornady American Whitetail the most, but that’s not a knock on the ripped core lokt.

Unckebob

WKR
I doubt it has Hornady bullets in it because the post -liquidation Remington ammo company is owned by Vista Outdoors (Federal, CCI and Speer).

My bet: They worked with their partner brands to come up with their own version of the SST, Ballistic Tip, or Tipped Game King.

Last edited:
took my buddy out hunting axis for the first time and loaned him my tikka 7 mag (150 core lokt tipped). walked him in on this buck bedded at 30 yards. Called him to get him to stand. shot was a little low being so close but it got his heart pretty good and he only went about 10 yards.
PXL_20230714_184031684.jpg

This was the only 7 mag ammo I could get for a while but I'm going to try some eldx next as I just picked up several boxes. I have 223 and 6.5 cm t3x lites that I shoot about .5 moa on 3 shot groups with factory eldm but have been about 1 moa with the core lokt tipped in this 7 mag so not sure if it's the ammo or me just not shooting the magnum as well (no brake or suppressor). I'll know better when i try out the eldx and report back. does the job it seems i might finish this box in alabama in january for whitetail but not sure.

Used them last year with my 7mm rem mag. My buck last year didn’t go 15 yards. took out the lungs at 90 yards. Left a .50 cent piece sized exit hole on the back side

Attachments

• IMG_3526.jpeg
    IMG_3526.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 11