Remington Model 7 300 saum thoughts

I have the opportunity to pick one up in a trade. It is bone stock and I have no experience with this round. But I think I can get into it for $500, once the trade is all done.

How hard would it be to resell if I don’t end up using it or getting it into my rotation? Is there much of a market for theseWondering if any of you use this round for elk.

Anyone here have experience with this rifle and chambering?

EcoastDG

FNG
I have had a Remington 700 in 300 Saum for 4 years. Was in the market for a 30 cal and a coworker was selling it so I bought it. I have enjoyed shooting it. So far all the deer taken have been one shot kills (HSM 168 bergers). Ammunition can be hard to find but I reload so it hasn't been an issue yet. I have a Carbon Six barrel ordered for it and plan on putting it in a XLR chassis. I plan on using it mainly for Montana bear in the future. Might try and hunt elk with it as well.

If you get it and don't like it hit me up. I'll probably snatch it up especially if it is a stainless Model 7.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
That's a configuration that I could see myself really enjoying (possibly not the recoil aspect.) I keep looking for lighter and lighter cannons, but can't seem to get to that sub 7-8lb setup. I'd also be interested if you decide it's not quite the ideal gun for you ;)