Sold Remington Model 7 .308 16.5" threaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
RIFLE IS NOW SOLD. THANKS!

My interest in this rifle has managed to run it's course in just a couple weeks. Corona boredom, I suppose. But it was an interesting project that kept my mind occupied, and I learned a few things.

I've decided to rebarrel my Howa Alpine, so I need to raise some $ for that build.

I could also be persuaded to trade for something else that tickles my fancy. Not sure what though.

This rifle started out as an impulse buy from a local Academy store a couple weeks ago. It was an Model 7 "Kuiu" rifle, with the camo plastic stock (see thread on firearms forum). I didn't really care for that stock as much as I thought I would, and the little gun kicked like a mule at just 5.5 lbs., so I bought this Remington factory laminate stock, then gutted the butt and nipped it in the Schnabel to get the stock down to exactly 2 lbs. That put the finished, scoped rifle right at 7 lbs. exactly, with the steel Leupold bases and rings, and a 2-7x32 scope.

I swapped out scopes and put my Weaver Classic 2.5-7x32 on it now. Still weighs exactly 7 lbs. on my scale.

I don't own a suppressor and don't really have plans to get one, so someone that runs suppressors needs to have this gun. I think suppressed it would be a sweet little shooter. Overall length now is only 35". Without the suppressor, the muzzle blast from a full .308 load is just more than I want to deal with day in and day out. I thought about rebarreling it, but then I learned that Howa prefits exist, so I'm going in that direction instead.

I'll ship it to your FFL for $625 scoped, or $525 unscoped, but with the rings. I'll be taking about a $200 hit on this project from the cost of the scope mounts and stock, but I'll consider it "tuition" for learning a little more about Model 7's.

Possible trades could be another rifle in .308 or 6.5CM, or a revolver in .357 Mag/.38 Sp. or a lever gun in .357/38. Might also be interested in optics as a full or partial trade. SWFA ultralight or VX3i lightweight scope or something I could top my Howa with.IMG_3789.JPGIMG_3788.JPGIMG_3790.JPGIMG_3791.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.