Remington Stock Switch

ToolMann

WKR
Can anyone tell me if a Remington SPS 300WSM will fit in a barrel from a Remington SPS 243? Reason I ask is my retired neighbor and hunting buddy has a 300WSM, but doesn't like the black stock. I just repainted my Tikka stock and it came out great. I have an old stock from a 243 laying around. He makes me stuff all the time for Christmas and I figured if the stock would fit his gun I could do something cool for him without him knowing.

Thanks in advance.

If both rifles are the same bottom metal setup it should fit relatively easy. The only issue would most likely be the barrel channel. A 300WSM would probably be a Rem Mag contour and the 243 a sporter contour. It would be very easy to clearance/sand the barrel channel to free float the WSM barrel though.

OP
ToolMann

ToolMann

WKR
If both rifles are the same bottom metal setup it should fit relatively easy. The only issue would most likely be the barrel channel. A 300WSM would probably be a Rem Mag contour and the 243 a sporter contour. It would be very easy to clearance/sand the barrel channel to free float the WSM barrel though.
Thanks man. Appreciate it.