Remington Trigger Settlement

T43

Lil-Rokslider
Remington has a preliminary settlement of the trigger class action lawsuit.
http//www.remingtonfirearmsclassactionsettlement.com

i have owned a Remington 700,chambered in 7mm for 15 years. i bought it used so i dont know how old it really is. i have never had a "Remington moment" as referenced in the documentary,although i take extra care now working the safety.I could not reach the link above, so my question is,are the defects off the line? Or can an old tried and true rifle like mine degrade with time and use?

OP
T

T43

Lil-Rokslider
It can happen any time the connector separates from the trigger and allows the sear to disengage. Odds are it never will but it could tomorrow no way to know. I have a 1949 721 with a Walker trigger. Shoots great never had an issue. I've got a newer 700 with the Walker trigger that has never had an issue either. I will probably have the x Mark put in the newer one simply because I don't shoot it enough to put a custom trigger in it and I figure one of my kids will end up shooting it someday so it's a cheap piece of mind deal.

Shrek

WKR
I've had a couple of friends it has happened to. I don't know if their triggers were excessively dirty or not but it was unnerving for both of them. They both took the rifles apart and cleaned their triggers well. This happened way back around '89 or '90 and it wasn't common knowledge that the Remington safety was prone to failure. Personally I think the executives that made the decision to save a few cents should be put on trial for negligent homicide if they're still alive. The man who designed the trigger realized that the two piece connector was flawed and told his superiors so but they stuck with making the part in two pieces to save a few cents.

First thing I did was install a Timney trigger...not taking any chances. I put em on every rifle I own (including AR platform) unless it's a Savage. Their 2 stage triggers are sweet.