Remote Rally for ‘21Elk in CO or ?

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Sliders:

Looking for a CO or other Rocky Mtn state, 2021 early season hunt partner(s).

Looking to plan:

One week backcountry trip
Ending the trip before Oct 1
Strongly Prefer Elk but maybe another
I have no points
Maybe a draw unit with some 0 pt odds
Prefer an OTC option as a backup
I’m flying to a major airport from Michigan
Rent a Wrangler & drive to trailhead
Any weapon

I have a MH Kiva, MR Metcalf, and the rest of my kit to backcountry, spike or car camp.

One example I’m looking at is applying for muzzleloader draw in some CO GMUs which also have OTC archery. If the draw isn’t successful I’ll take my bow. That’s just an example, you may have other suggestions.

Your home town/state doesn’t matter. We can meet and talk and plan on Zoom.

Although I consider myself a newer Western hunter (2nd trip), I am and will be prepared to enjoy or at least endure a one week (backcountry) hunt. I harvested one elk in MI in the day. And many whitetail.

I’m interested in meeting up snd hunting with another solo hunter flying in, or one who is driving. But I don’t have time to drive. I have a full truck or pack animal camp st home. Alaknak tent, wood stove, cookbox, privy, the works. But it’s staying home.

Any questions about this just ask. I have some background in my profile I think. Search my posts.

I welcome any interest, comments, questions. PM, or comment in thread.

Looking forward to meeting some of y’all.

Best

Frank

(Edited to clarify and trim down my wordy bs. )

Last edited:

Noco

FNG
Hi Frank,
Sounds like a good plan. I can do any and all of the above. Muzzle, archery, rifle. I have all the base camp equipment as well as spike camp.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

jacob95

FNG
Id be interested Frank. Im from Indiana and was planning on going to CO OTC 2021 at the beginning to middle of Archery.

BDRam16

WKR
Id be interested Frank. Im from Indiana and was planning on going to CO OTC 2021 at the beginning to middle of Archery.
I messaged you about those Pnuma pants before they sold. I’m from NW IN planning to go to CO in 2021 as well.

ppelham

FNG
Hello Sliders:

Looking for a CO or other Rocky Mtn state, 2021 early season hunt partner(s).

Looking to plan:

One week backcountry trip
Ending the trip before Oct 1
Strongly Prefer Elk but maybe another
I have no points
Maybe a draw unit with some 0 pt odds
Prefer an OTC option as a backup
I’m flying to a major airport from Michigan
Rent a Wrangler & drive to trailhead
Any weapon

I have a MH Kiva, MR Metcalf, and the rest of my kit to backcountry, spike or car camp.

One example I’m looking at is applying for muzzleloader draw in some CO GMUs which also have OTC archery. If the draw isn’t successful I’ll take my bow. That’s just an example, you may have other suggestions.

Your home town/state doesn’t matter. We can meet and talk and plan on Zoom.

Although I consider myself a newer Western hunter (2nd trip), I am and will be prepared to enjoy or at least endure a one week (backcountry) hunt. I harvested one elk in MI in the day. And many whitetail.

I’m interested in meeting up snd hunting with another solo hunter flying in, or one who is driving. But I don’t have time to drive. I have a full truck or pack animal camp st home. Alaknak tent, wood stove, cookbox, privy, the works. But it’s staying home.

Any questions about this just ask. I have some background in my profile I think. Search my posts.

I welcome any interest, comments, questions. PM, or comment in thread.

Looking forward to meeting some of y’all.

Best

Frank

(Edited to clarify and trim down my wordy bs. )
Frank where at in MI? I’m planning a trip now for OTC CO archery. Flying from DTw to DNV

OP
Missahba

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Frank where at in MI? I’m planning a trip now for OTC CO archery. Flying from DTw to DNV
Grosse Pointe. I’m trying to understand the benefits of applying for draw in units at or near 100% success. Apparently there’s a noticeable difference in hunter density.

ppelham

FNG
Ah! I used to live in Royal Oak, now south of A2. Yeah I’ve also been looking got a lot to figure out!