Remove Leukotape Glue from Merino Wool

Rock-o

WKR
On a recent hunt I applied Leukotape to my feet. Some of the tape's glue made a little bit of a mess on the inside of my Darn Tough Hunter Over-the-Calf Heavyweight socks (79% Merino Wool, 19% Nylon, 2% Lycra Spandex). Has this happened to you, did you successfully remove it?

Thanks.

twall13

WKR
I've never experienced that problem. I like to apply leuko tape after a shower the night before a hunting trip. Applying it to a clean surface and letting it stick overnight without socks and it's always stayed in place for the duration of the trip without causing any sticky residue in my socks. I do round the corners of the tape before applying. Of course none of this helps get the resedue out of your socks but hopefully it will help prevent it from happening again. Maybe try goo-gone?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rock-o

WKR
I've never experienced that problem. I like to apply leuko tape after a shower the night before a hunting trip. Applying it to a clean surface and letting it stick overnight without socks and it's always stayed in place for the duration of the trip without causing any sticky residue in my socks. I do round the corners of the tape before applying. Of course none of this helps get the resedue out of your socks but hopefully it will help prevent it from happening again. Maybe try goo-gone?

I've never had any foot problems but thought maybe I was developing blisters - first time I've use tape of any sort. Feet were clean but it was not on overnight before putting on socks.

Thanks for the response.

nphunter

WKR
I've had it happen several times, I don't think I've ever noticed it while wearing the socks afterward, maybe it came off in the washer or dryer? I've had it happen a lot over the last several years, all I wear is darn tough and I've used them a lot with Leuko tape. Leuko tape is awesome but I wish I could find a way to keep the glue from pushing through like that, it's annoying for sure.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I've used up multiple multiple rolls of leukotape always applying it the night before. It seems like one roll to the next will have more messy residue than the previous. It definitely breaks down a sock over time but typically comes out okay just in the washer.