Removing bleeders from Iron Will broadheads

Hi community!
What is your opinion on removing the bleeders from Iron Will broadheads? I consider purchasing single-bevels for the Snyder-Core insert. They don't come as buffs, only with bleeders. Since I'd rather do without bleeders I was thinking about just removing them. I know that it's not a big deal disassembling the broadhead but was wondering if there are any downsides on running a broadhead that is meant to have a bleeder without one. Can any of you think of disadvantages, e. g. structural issues, reduced penetration by tissue stuck in the gap left by the missing bleeder upon impact etc.
Thanks in advance! Stay safe out there!

OP
D
I was just trying to max out on penetration potential. I admit, these bleeders may not even play such a big role regarding penetration, so maybe I'm seeing problems where there aren't any. I was just curious if you can just remove the bleeder without messing with the structural integrity of the broadhead, its balance, concentricity etc.

Probably best to just ask BillV himself. He will probably say “ I designed them with bleeders because I didn’t like the blood trails and potential wound closure of the standard 2 blade”

I don't see where it's going to mess with the integrity. It will likely make the broadhead more likely to whistle. I also wouldn't recommend it. Bleeders really do help with blood trails in my opinion, and the IW bleeders are already rather small. The difference in penetration I believe will be pretty miniscule.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Biggest question is what do you plan on shooting that you think you need maximum penetration for?

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Structurally, it is fine to remove the bleeder blades. It will weight 10 grains less. I've tested them this way and I don't see any problems. I know a couple guys did this for Cape buffalo before we came out with our no-bleeder option. Personally, I would leave the bleeder in place unless you were going after really big animals and/or had a really light setup. Quicker kills, more blood on the ground, and minimal decrease in penetration with bleeders.