Reno hike

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know we have quite a few renoites on here, we need to get together and hike mount rose! Who's in?

CaseyU

WKR
Keep me udated travis. I am going to the rubies for a week and a half. Sounds like a good time and lets all face it. we need to start working off all those beers we been drinking

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously guys, my schedule varies by the week and chances are I will be off.

How does may 25 sound?

Slim Jim

WKR
If you guys ever decide to do the Ruby crest trail I'm in! It's about 35 miles from lamoille canyon to Harrison pass. It can be done in two days.

shaun

WKR
hmm keep me in the loop. I have a ton of projects going on in northern CA right now so it would be nothing to hit a few projects on Fri and jump over the hill

I'm not a renoite but I already have the last week in May off to burn some vacation hours and I'm looking for some new mountains to hike. I'm not all that far from Mt. Rose. 4 hour drive works for me. If May 25th is a good day still I could do that one for part of my vacation hour burn.

Im in Reno. I work the weekend you guys are planning but if anyone wants to do one in june let me know. Hopefully my new pack will in.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I was just informed this hike is scheduled over Memorial Day weekend, if you guys want, we can do June 1st.

Well I was just informed this hike is scheduled over Memorial Day weekend, if you guys want, we can do June 1st.

Travis, Have you done this hike before? Do you think the snow will be clear by then?

Saturdays in June dont work for me but if we want to do it on a Sunday Im in.