RENT OUTDOOR GEAR is OPEN 4 BUSINESS!!

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
ANNOUNCEMENT! Rent Outdoor Gear is open and taking reservations for high end hunting gear rentals! Rent Guns and Gear is also still our sister company dedicated to renting long range rifles at RgunsNgear.com

Use Promo Code ROKSLIDE10 for 10% off at check-out!

For those of you that don't remember me, I'm Darin Cooper, former Hoyt Engineer and Editor for Rokslide.com! My business partner and I recently launched a new company appropriately named RentOutdoorGear.com Please comment and post questions below. I'm very interested in your feedback and opinions!

Our website, went live in December RENTING an impressive selection of PREMIUM OPTICS from Swarovski, Vortex, Leica, Sig and Zeiss, along with range-finders, the best carbon hunting tripods, hunting packs, tents, tipis, floorless shelters, down sleeping-bags, and camping gear. We carry brands like Really Right Stuff, EXO, Kuiu, & Seek Outside, and we're adding more all the time. Our sister company Rent Guns and Gear has some awesome, custom-built, LONG-RANGE RIFLES available FOR RENT!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Our mission is to remove the barriers that prevent hunters from going on their dream-hunts. We want to help YOU gear-up for premium draw tags with the best gear available and empower new hunters to experience the back-country without the stress and commitment that go along with huge gear purchases. Gear has become so expensive and specialized that many would-be hunters are intimidated by the cost of equipment and the research required to make informed buying decisions. We simplify the process by offering ONLY premium brands we trust and personally use, across a price range to fit any budget.

RgunsNgear Vortex Spotting Scope Web.jpg

It's hard for almost anyone to justify spending 2 or 3 house payments on a 95mm Swarovski BTX, or double that for a custom rifle, but at www.RgunsNgear.com a week’s rental only costs about what you would pay in sales tax when buying! Spotters and binos start as low as $55 - $75 a week.

BroJager.jpg

And... If you prefer to own your gear, you might want to consider trying it first on a hunt before you buy. Heck you can even rent your two favorites to compare side by side over a weekend before you pull the trigger. We'll credit up to 7-days of the rental toward your purchase and if we don't have stock to sell, we'll apply your rental toward a new order. If you decide not to buy, no big deal, just slap the pre-paid return label on the box and ship it back. All you pay is the normal, low rental fee.

RgunsNgear Titanium 300WSM Web.jpg
rgunsngear bolt and laser logo detail web.jpg

Our flagship rifles feature custom titanium actions mated to Proof carbon barrels, bedded in lightweight stocks that are all equipped with tripod adapters. The rifles show up sighted-in, fully equipped & ready to hunt, topped with premium scopes & flip-caps, carbon bipods, QD slings, and titanium muzzle brakes. Rifle kits also include a Kuiu ammo wallet that attaches to a belt or bino harness, a rain slicker, ear-plugs, a ballistic "dope" card, and a sight-in target to verify zero before you hunt. Custom loads are developed and professionally loaded for each individual rifle.

You can add a Sig KILO 2400 ABS or a range-finding binocular from Zeiss, Leica, or Sig pre-loaded with each rifle’s exact ballistic profile for the ultimate precision package. The "range" button displays the scope setting and windage hold needed to put rounds on target at long range using integrated sensors to factor in shot angle, pressure, and temperature. Dope is field verified to 800 yards.

RgunsNgear rifle kit web.jpg

Rifle kits ship in custom-fit hard cases to your preferred, licensed FFL dealer. Rifles are chambered in many accurate and effective hunting rounds like 6.5 Creed, 6.5 PRC, 7mm SAUM, 300 WSM, and 338 Norma with more planned. After the hunt, just stick the included, pre-paid return label on the original boxes and drop your rental gear off at the appropriate UPS or FedEx shipping location.

Whether you visit us at RENT GUNS and GEAR or RENT OUTDOOR GEAR, our mission is simple... to HELP YOU DO YOUR DIY RIGHT!

Hit us up with questions on this thread and we'll be happy to answer!

Rent Outdoor Gear.com
Follow us on Instagram for updates. Please like and share @RentOutdoorGear

Attachments

• Rgunsngear 6.5 PRC rifle rental web.jpg
    Rgunsngear 6.5 PRC rifle rental web.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 2,050
  • rgunsngear fire web.jpg
    rgunsngear fire web.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 1,270
Last edited:
OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I welcome any feedback, comments, or questions. I'll check back regularly. Glad to discuss the process. Love to hear about anything you would like to rent that you don't see on our site. We are adding more stuff all the time.

NDGuy

WKR
Interesting business plan. How are you handling liability on both sides of the spectrum? For instance, providing hand loaded rounds to your customers has to be a huge liability. Likewise, customer breaks something do they get their card charged for the full price of the item?

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Interesting business plan. How are you handling liability on both sides of the spectrum? For instance, providing hand loaded rounds to your customers has to be a huge liability. Likewise, customer breaks something do they get their card charged for the full price of the item?

We have developed the loads for our rifles and will provide that recipe and dummy rounds to an independent company that is licensed and insured to manufacture reloaded ammo. This allows us to always utilize the same brass, primer lot, powder lot, bullet lot with that particular rental rifle. We anticipate selling most of the rifles before we get through 8# of powder or 500 rounds. The remainder of the consumables, load data and brass will go with the rifle when the lucky owner brings it home. This arrangement allows us to maintain the consistency in velocity and pressures far better than using factory ammo.

We have very detailed damage and liability waivers available for review on the site. But in a nut-shell, the customer is personally liable for damages, loss and theft just like if you borrowed your buddy’s Swarovski binos and they were stolen out of your truck. We would only charge the“current” value of the item for a total loss so it wouldn’t likely be a full retail hit unless it was the maiden voyage for a brand new item. Shipping loss or damage is between us and the carrier. Minor scratches and dents will be handled based on reasonable repair costs and loss of value. For example, in the case of a scratched lens on a scope or bino, we would charge the lesser of replacing the lens or loss of value, assuming the scratch doesn’t impact performance of the product. I will not rent items out that are not performing “as new” in regard to their primary purpose.

In the future we will offer a protection plan to cover minor scratch and dents and limit liability on major damage or loss/theft, but you will always have some skin in the game. We should have this option available before the fall season for guys that need coverage.

Most people are capable of taking reasonably good care of stuff, but sometimes $h*t happens... I can assure you that we will always treat our customers fairly. We hope they will respect and treat us the same.

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rough business model but hope it works out and develops into a viable business.
Certainly not easy or for the faint of heart! I think that’s what has prevented folks from trying to do this on a large scale previously. It was a huge challenge, but after nearly two years of development we are confident we can scale up and continue to provide reliable, efficient, and affordable service to our customers.

colersu22

WKR
Just a heads up, was trying to possibly put together a few items for an upcoming bear hunt, date selection is not working correctly on IOS
I emailed them this morning to tell them same thing

I had the same issue with the dates but if you change it at the top of the page (circle in screen shot) it works. I could not get it to change on the product page.

Attachments

• F07A735E-20DA-44C8-9B50-5D6AE5254F7C.jpeg
    F07A735E-20DA-44C8-9B50-5D6AE5254F7C.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 121

Pro953

WKR
Might be interesting to consider some level of seasonal pricing. For instance higher pricing for hunt based use vs Lowe pricing for flexible/off season use for guys that just want to get hands on the gear to try it out and are not fixed to a specific hunt/tag/trip? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I had the same issue with the dates but if you change it at the top of the page (circle in screen shot) it works. I could not get it to change on the product page.

We are working on the mobile calendar issue right now. You should be able to select dates on a PC. I apologize for the inconvenience guys. They should have it worked out for mobile shortly. We are working on a full mobile version of the site, but it's not ready to launch yet.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Coop

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just a heads up, was trying to possibly put together a few items for an upcoming bear hunt, date selection is not working correctly on IOS

Thanks for the heads up - I should have mentioned there are a few mobile issues and date input on the website is actively being worked out. I apologize for the inconvenience. The mobile site is not ready so we're trying to get a few issues worked out so the current site is more usable. PC version should operate fine in the meantime.

Thanks for the heads up! Very much appreciated!

Coop

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I emailed them this morning to tell them same thing

Thanks! We'll have it worked out shortl
Good luck to you and your partner. I’d like to check out some of your tents and maybe some spotters.

Let us know what you're interested in. We may add some mid-sized tents to the line-up for 3 & 4 man setups if there is demand. Most groups prefer to run individual tents at a certain point though to spread out and reduce the snore and sleep disruptions. Still, larger sizes are nicer for keeping gear inside and having a little breathing room. We'll be keeping an eye on this one for certain.

Coop

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Might be interesting to consider some level of seasonal pricing. For instance higher pricing for hunt based use vs Lowe pricing for flexible/off season use for guys that just want to get hands on the gear to try it out and are not fixed to a specific hunt/tag/trip? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have built this ability into our back end software. We may do this to encourage more folks to try gear out during the off-season before their hunts.

That said, if you're primarily interested in buying, we'll credit up to 7-days of your rental toward purchase*.

*Not all items are currently available for this program. We will quote pricing for keeper items upon request. Pricing is based on age and condition of the individual item. Item eligibility depends on current stock and availability of replacement items. Our first priority is to ensure we have sufficient inventory to support our rental bookings.

We will also have a writer/reviewer program. I have personally purchased optics for reviews in the past. I don't feel it's ethical to return these items to the retailer so I've been stuck trying to sell them. For guys that need optics for this purpose we'd be happy to work out special terms, especially if we can re-publish any high quality reviews on our site to help our customers. I'll handle these on a case by case basis. Just send an email to [email protected]

Thanks for the input!

Coop

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
MOBILE CALENDAR ISSUE UPDATE:
The calendar is not working correctly for smart-phone users but should work on your PC. I apologize for this hiccup. We are migrating data over from a prior version of the site and it should be completed and fully operational by Thursday +/-

We will develop a more mobile friendly version of the site in the coming months so your experience will improve on your smart-phones. If you experience any usability issues and need some help completing an order give us a shout.

Coop