RENT OUTDOOR GEAR is OPEN 4 BUSINESS!!

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome idea and I will for sure be getting a hold of you for a BTX setup for spring bear!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carter33

WKR
Great idea and I hope the headaches are manageable. I having been tossing around the idea of a RRS tripod and noticed you carry them. May have to give one a test run in the near future.

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Great idea and I hope the headaches are manageable. I having been tossing around the idea of a RRS tripod and noticed you carry them. May have to give one a test run in the near future.

You will love the RRS tripods. They're extremely stable and remarkably lightweight for their tube-size and weight rating. I've seen the RRS guys hang from underneath the tripod with their feet off the ground when it's fully extended! I've used them a lot for PRS and they're a dream to glass off whether using a BTX95 or binoculars.

Rent a Rifle Tripod Web.jpg

Saw a lot of rifles on tripods at SHOT, Sheep Show, and Western Hunt Expo this year. Most were a joke. Bump them and the rifle would wiggle and wobble for 5 seconds. The plastic rifle clamps are flimsy and flex like crazy with a rifle attached.

We are looking at a few other options to carry in this class of tripod, but the Feisol is much heavier. There is one other Chinese made tripod we might consider, but I'd need to put it through the ringer to see if it will hold up. It's nice that the RRS are made in the U.S.A.

We also have the RRS Vyce universal rifle mount in stock that we can send with the RRS tripods if you don't have the Arca/1.5" dovetail or a pic rail on the bottom of your rifle near its midpoint. It's a good option to pack so your buddy can swap his rifle in if he doesn't have a rail.

Thanks for your interest!

Coop

Attachments

• Rent a Rifle Tripod Web.jpg
    Rent a Rifle Tripod Web.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Poser

WKR
Interesting. Because I work in digital marketing, curious if you guys are able to do any proactive marketing on social media as well as run AdWords because of the firearm rental aspect. I’m guessing that aspect violates FB and Google advertising polices?

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think it's an awesome idea and buisness plan. I liked the website lay out and marketing too. However, if you want some honest feedback, I personally would find it hard to justify spending $87 for a 2-day rental for binos regardless of brand. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the feedback... Pricing is more favorable for longer term rentals. Since we have to clean/inspect document, package & ship each order the same whether it's a 2 day or 10 day rental, daily rates go down significantly for longer rentals because I can spread that cost out.

Furthermore, I'm sure you've realized that it takes 2 days to ship the glass to you and 2 days to get them shipped back and another day to process and turn them around for the next guy. Thus your 2 day rental takes those binoculars out of service for 7 days... Do you think $87 for 7 days is fair?

It's very likely short term rentals will actually get more expensive and may require a 3 day minimum commitment.

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I totally get it. The cost of doing buisnes and finding the right margin is tough. Maybe I'm just being a cheap ass but without a disposable income the average guy like me, I would think anyway, has to strategically budget their hunting purchases or end up broke or divorced...or maybe that's just me. Either way, just wanted to provide you some candid feedback to be of help in growing this great idea/company and to possibly help you target your consumer.

Much appreciated K1U! It definitely helps to understand perceptions and get feedback from our customers. It lets us know where we may need to put some effort into educating the consumer and it can point us toward areas we need to improve service or address issues.

10x42 Swarovski EL's retail for $2,689.99. They are the most expensive 10x42 in our inventory. You can rent a Vortex Razor HD 10x42 for 7 days for the same price you can Rent EL's for 2 days. They probably give you 90%+ of the performance. We have gear across a price range to fit just about any budget - that doesn't mean every item fits every budget.

Coop

I was the accounting manager for online retailer of automotive performance parts awhile back and one of the biggest issues we had was credit card fraud. While the order appears legit and the customer information looked good, we would end up with a chargeback notice and the funds taken out of our account and no merchandise recovered. It is something you will want to address and try and prevent since you are dealing with high value items. The scum always seems to sniff out new opportunities. We would get copies of the drivers license and credit card on high dollar parts to verify the customer actually had the card and wasn't stealing someones identity. That also makes it hard for a customer to lie and say they didn't order the parts. Also make sure they sign for delivery of the items because people will lie about receipt and the credit card company always sides with the customer.

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was the accounting manager for online retailer of automotive performance parts awhile back and one of the biggest issues we had was credit card fraud. While the order appears legit and the customer information looked good, we would end up with a chargeback notice and the funds taken out of our account and no merchandise recovered. It is something you will want to address and try and prevent since you are dealing with high value items. The scum always seems to sniff out new opportunities. We would get copies of the drivers license and credit card on high dollar parts to verify the customer actually had the card and wasn't stealing someones identity. That also makes it hard for a customer to lie and say they didn't order the parts. Also make sure they sign for delivery of the items because people will lie about receipt and the credit card company always sides with the customer.
Absolutely! We have looked into this extensively. Our account verification process utilizes an outside service to verify identities prior to processing reservations and payments. It is well thought out and thorough, and it's a whole other level on the firearm rentals that require in person FBI background check when you pick up from a federally licensed firearm dealer.

The customer's I.D. and signature are always required upon delivery.

Coop

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks for the feedback... Pricing is more favorable for longer term rentals. Since we have to clean/inspect document, package & ship each order the same whether it's a 2 day or 10 day rental, daily rates go down significantly for longer rentals because I can spread that cost out.

Furthermore, I'm sure you've realized that it takes 2 days to ship the glass to you and 2 days to get them shipped back and another day to process and turn them around for the next guy. Thus your 2 day rental takes those binoculars out of service for 7 days... Do you think $87 for 7 days is fair?

It's very likely short term rentals will actually get more expensive and may require a 3 day minimum commitment.
Where in the world would anyone expect to get their mitts on a $2,600 pair of binos for a hunt for only $87, with 23% of the cost being shipping? I think it's a great deal for those who don't own high end glass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hunt2019

FNG
Interested in the try then buy. Sometimes you just don't know if you'll love gear until it gets some time in the field. Sounds like a smart business/marketing plan.

Hunt2019

FNG
I used this service earlier this month for optics on a weekend scouting trip. I rented the 15x56 Swaros and a SLIK tripod. I'll spare the detailed product reviews and just share my experience with the Rent Guns and Gear process. The main point of my rental was to try the Swaros in the field before buying considering the price tag.

I exchanged a few emails with Darin "Coop" Cooper to discuss options for rent-to-buy keeper models. I received my order mid-day one day before my rental start date. The binos came in a sturdy padded case, along with a harness and tripod adapter, and return shipping labels. Both the binos and tripod performed as expected and both were considerable upgrades from my starter/mid-level gear.

I ended up keeping the tripod and had the amount of the rental credited to the purchase. Sadly, the Swaros were returned due to my hunting budget but confirmed they are at the top of my wish list. Again, postage prepaid and just dropped at the local UPS in the same boxes they came in.

Part of the value of this service to me is trying before buying. As well as confirming what gear I liked, I also learned what gear was not a good fit for my hunting style. For example, the tripod came with a head that worked well but was heavier than I prefer.

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I used this service earlier this month for optics on a weekend scouting trip. I rented the 15x56 Swaros and a SLIK tripod. I'll spare the detailed product reviews and just share my experience with the Rent Guns and Gear process. The main point of my rental was to try the Swaros in the field before buying considering the price tag.

I exchanged a few emails with Darin "Coop" Cooper to discuss options for rent-to-buy keeper models. I received my order mid-day one day before my rental start date. The binos came in a sturdy padded case, along with a harness and tripod adapter, and return shipping labels. Both the binos and tripod performed as expected and both were considerable upgrades from my starter/mid-level gear.

I ended up keeping the tripod and had the amount of the rental credited to the purchase. Sadly, the Swaros were returned due to my hunting budget but confirmed they are at the top of my wish list. Again, postage prepaid and just dropped at the local UPS in the same boxes they came in.

Part of the value of this service to me is trying before buying. As well as confirming what gear I liked, I also learned what gear was not a good fit for my hunting style. For example, the tripod came with a head that worked well but was heavier than I prefer.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Rent Guns and Gear! I'm glad we could help you evaluate some new gear and add to your kit for the upcoming hunting season! Best of luck on your hunts!

Shoot Straight!

Coop

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
The try and buy is awesome!! I rented a high end spotter from a place that caters to the Yellowstone visitors for a week last year with all intentions of buying the same unit when I had the funds. Boy am I glad I spent the $175 for the week to try it instead of the $2200 for it new and not have been thrilled.