Rent Guns and Gear Review, By Sam Weaver

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Tripod-mounted.jpeg

When Sam was planning a trip last year he knew a pair of 15x binoculars would be a key piece of gear. Not wanting to throw down a large pile of money prior to trying them out on a hunt he started looking for options. Borrowing from a friend comes with challenges and buying without trying first can be a hard pill to swallow. Luckily for Sam, he found Rent Guns and Gear. Read his review below to hear about his experience last season.

Rent Guns and Gear Review

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Coop RentOutdoorGear.com do you guys offer combo packages? For example, I don't own any "big eye" binos, but would love to take some 12x on a fall mule deer hunt. Is there a way to rent a tripod and bino combo?
Absolutely! We have a great selection of glass and tripods to go with them for about any situation. By the end of next week we'll have several new tripod offerings in stock that we're extremely excited about.

You may have read in the article that our binoculars are always equipped with tripod adapters and a binocular harness, so they're ready to hunt when they show up at your door. We don't pre-package items because we believe there's always an opportunity to fine tune the gear to your particular hunt, and renting affords our customer that flexibility.

For instance, if you were headed to the plains of Wyoming, South Dakota, or Eastern Colorado to hunt mule deer, I would probably recommend a much sturdier tripod that would give you the best view in windy conditions, whereas we would probably go a little lighter and more compact if you were backpacking into the alpine country in Idaho, Nevada, Utah, or Western CO & WY.

We would be more than happy to help you with a recommendation. You can email us at [email protected] or give us a ring (855) 355-3337.

Thanks!

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
This seemed as good a place as any....

Gave these guys a try when I couldnt make up my mind on what combo of Swaro scopes to pick up. Darin responded quickly to every question I asked. After some easy discussion back and forth (and with a CC number...) they shipped me about $10k worth of optics to try out for a few days. Was able to get the combo I want and use most of the rental fee towards the purchase (which was super easy using their keeper program). Could not have been more satisfied with my experience with them.

BTW- they didnt ask for a review and I dont know these guys. Just a good business to deal with.

Anyone with questions feel free to DM and I will answer anything I can.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
This seemed as good a place as any....

Gave these guys a try when I couldnt make up my mind on what combo of Swaro scopes to pick up. Darin responded quickly to every question I asked. After some easy discussion back and forth (and with a CC number...) they shipped me about $10k worth of optics to try out for a few days. Was able to get the combo I want and use most of the rental fee towards the purchase (which was super easy using their keeper program). Could not have been more satisfied with my experience with them.

BTW- they didnt ask for a review and I dont know these guys. Just a good business to deal with.

Anyone with questions feel free to DM and I will answer anything I can.

Hey thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swagstaff

FNG
Thanks for posting this. I’ve used kitlender for a backpacking/fishing trip in Alaska before and was wondering if such a thing existed for hunting gear.

Bluto

WKR
Anyone tried this recently? The selected dates function doesn’t seem to function - it still shows everything available then it defaults back to current day for each item selected, then shows unavailable. Understanding it’s awfully close to bow season now, but I’ve been having the same result for quite a while.

I’m on the verge of purchasing alpha glass binos but have no way to try them. This seems like a great option.

Bluto

WKR
Awesome. I’m guessing it’s a mobile device issue, I’ll contact them. It’s definitely a great idea for a business

Just to add more positive experiences to the thread, just rented a SO Cimarron and Garmin Xero C1 from @Rent Outdoor Gear and will definitely use again. Fast shipping, on time, everything labeled well and in great condition. Larry even spent a good bit of time on phone with me to ensure I was all good to go. Also think it's cool they'll let you put your rental fee towards purchase of the gear if you want to keep it.

rcb2000

WKR
Another recommendation for Larry at Rent Guns and Gear. Absolute top notch customer service, very good prices, and a seamless process.

GotDraw?

WKR
I agree, Larry and the team at Rent Guns n Gear are amazing. Steller customer service, they go above and beyond.

I speak from two years of renting absolute top quality product from them.

Best,
J

Last edited: