Rental truck?

Ignoring the “no gravel road” clause is common enough that I know of at least one local truck rental place that installs LoJack on their vehicles. I heard a story last year of a guy who rang up some impressive daily fees going north of the Yukon in one of those rigs.

Yeup, most install tracking now. In addition, they don’t even trust people to replace their own tires anymore to the point that most companies don’t even supply a spare. It would be ill advised to drive the Haul Road without, at minimum, a full size spare.

Yes and No. We were late coming back. So at the 2 week mark. The Price converted to Commercial pricing. The guy i rented from went to bat for us and got it straightened out. So something to keep in mind
Thanks for the tip.

From what I read, I assumed I would not be covered under my own auto insurance if i were to rent from one of the big rental companies. So i had lined up a uhaul for this fall. But out of curiosity, i reached out to them and was very surprised.... American Family Insurance has some sort of agreement w/ Enterprise rentals in which i will be covered for all my travels (including all gravel and more specifically, the haul road ) I had never read that anywhere, so i thought i would pass it on.

steve1VM

FNG
From what I read, I assumed I would not be covered under my own auto insurance if i were to rent from one of the big rental companies. So i had lined up a uhaul for this fall. But out of curiosity, i reached out to them and was very surprised.... American Family Insurance has some sort of agreement w/ Enterprise rentals in which i will be covered for all my travels (including all gravel and more specifically, the haul road ) I had never read that anywhere, so i thought i would pass it on.

Yep, some insurance companies can make more problems than really help you. That's why I always check and re-check insurance companies before starting interact with any of them. I've read a lot of positive reviews of this one ( url: https://www.americaninsurance.com/ ), and that's why I've signed up insurance policies with them. A year has passed, and now I can say they provide a good insurance service.

Last edited:

Slugz

WKR
Ignoring the “no gravel road” clause is common enough that I know of at least one local truck rental place that installs LoJack on their vehicles. I heard a story last year of a guy who rang up some impressive daily fees going north of the Yukon in one of those rigs.
Would more options be available if If someone doesn't go north of the Yukon? I only need to get to the bridge and was gonna have at least a Plan A and B for truck rental