Renting a vehicle long term in Alaska ?

PA Hunter

WKR
I will be flying into Fairbanks this September 4-21 for a DIY with a friend on a moose hunt and I am wondering what is the best option to rent a vehicle for that duration? I only need it to drive to my transporter possibly if i am lucky drop meat at a cold storage facility with racks. Do most just rent a u haul van or a pickup from the airport? Anyone have any recommendations on cheapest route. Thanks!

bmrfish

WKR
Maybe Uber to your transporter and then back to airport for a couple day rental on the back end. Rentals in Alaska in summer are not cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mooster

WKR
we rented a uhaul van both sides of our hunt. used taxi's in between to get to /from aiport / uhaul. we didn't want to pay to have a rental sit while we were in the field for two weeks. FAI is small, so getting around even w/taxi isn't hard. also, some rentals will pick u up at the airport.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
You might try the TURO app. Turo is a private party rental app. Generally speaking the pricing can be lower renting from a private party than from a typical rental car company, especially if you consider an older vehicle. The bad thing is that your rental reservation can be cancelled at the last minute with no notice.

I'm assuming you guys who are renting vehicles for over a week are using them to drive from Fairbanks to another town or village.