Rep. Jason Chaffetz announces he will not run for any office in 2018

dotman

WKR
I don't feel bad for him, hopefully UT can elect a tad more down to earth individual.

pwsINC

WKR
He's stood up to a lot of criticism In his position on the oversight committee and for a long time. Seems unlikely this to be the reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

topher89

WKR
He most likely will run in the 2020 governor's race. Hopefully people do not forget all his screw-ups and he just gets hammered in the primaries.

6x6

FNG
Thrilled that he is not going to be around, but it kind of eerily feels like a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I never realized that the citizens of Utah held such contempt for their politicians until I started posting on rokslide. :) Carry on

ChrisS

WKR
Rumor is he doesn't finish out the month. That's not gearing up for running for another office, that's gearing up to run from a scandal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider
I don't really understand why he is so hated on here. As far as conservative politicians go, i always thought he was pretty good. If it's soley because of HR 621 and HR 622 then that seems a bit simple minded. There are far more important issues in this country than public lands. With that said they do need to be protected. In the end, Chaffetz listened to his constituents after seeing the reaction to HR 621 and HR 622 and killed 621. Isn't that a politicians job? To listen to the people and work in their interest? I wish it would have never been proposed but at least he listened, even taking the time to meet with Cam Hanes.

I do not live in UT so I can't say I know what all he has been up to but after seeing how he handled things as the Chairman of the Oversight Committee I'd like to think he's better than most, although that's not saying much when it comes to politicians.

Maybe I'm speaking out of my ass, and if I am let me know as I honestly don't know everything he's done while in office and he very well could be another bad apple.

I don't really understand why he is so hated on here. As far as conservative politicians go, i always thought he was pretty good. If it's soley because of HR 621 and HR 622 then that seems a bit simple minded. There are far more important issues in this country than public lands. With that said they do need to be protected. In the end, Chaffetz listened to his constituents after seeing the reaction to HR 621 and HR 622 and killed 621. Isn't that a politicians job? To listen to the people and work in their interest? I wish it would have never been proposed but at least he listened, even taking the time to meet with Cam Hanes.

I do not live in UT so I can't say I know what all he has been up to but after seeing how he handled things as the Chairman of the Oversight Committee I'd like to think he's better than most, although that's not saying much when it comes to politicians.

Maybe I'm speaking out of my ass, and if I am let me know as I honestly don't know everything he's done while in office and he very well could be another bad apple.

You should probably check his bill history and voting history on land bills, as he has introduced an "HR 621", basically every time he is allowed to. His BS on Instagram and acting like he is for sportsman is all hot air. He's not a friend to the hunter by any stretch of the imagination.

You may feel that public lands is not important, I personally hold them in very high regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Jason Chaffetz | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Last edited:
You may feel that public lands is not important, I personally hold them in very high regard.

He literally said "they do need to be protected" in regards to public lands. I agree with his point that Chaffetz listened to his constituents. I dont think he realized how often Chaffetz went after public lands.

He literally said "they do need to be protected" in regards to public lands. I agree with his point that Chaffetz listened to his constituents. I dont think he realized how often Chaffetz went after public lands.

He also said there are far more important issues. I would disagree

To me. You may feel different

Tips, I like your contribution around here, just to be clear. Are you really saying your #1 is public lands? In all the governments dealings?