Repair? Hamskea hybrid hunter rest

Silver

FNG
I'm looking for some advice on repairing a Hamskea Hunter Pro rest. For my goat hunt, I strapped my bow to my pack, and I guess I was a wee bit aggressive with tightening down the straps. I managed to break the surround arm (or whatever you call it - see the pictures below) pretty much off...it's being held on by the rubber coating.

As far as I can tell, the function of the rest hasn't been impacted and the bow is still in tune. That being said, I don't know enough about the rest to say that pulling it off won't impact the rest going forward (rest came with the bow, so I didn't purchase directly).

So far I think my options are:
- Pull it off and treat it like a regular drop away rest
- try and MacGyver it with epoxy and electric tape and hope she holds
- cut my losses and replace the rest (general seasons open next Wednesday, so I'm really leaning away from this one).

Has anyone else had this happen? If so what did you do?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210824_145447.jpg
    IMG_20210824_145447.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20210824_145502.jpg
    IMG_20210824_145502.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 46
Just a busted containment cage. They can be purchased directly from Hamskea.

You can absolutely just remove it for the time being and if you hunt is soon I wouldnt worry about it.

If you need one soon, I will take on off my whitetail bow and send it to you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Assuming the top isn't bent, I'd just cut off the lower portion and leave the top, or remove the whole thing.

Can order another as was said, or just leave it off. I'm not a big fan of the full containment stuff.

Is the cord tension the same as it was? Looks to me like it's not pulling down as it should. Likely need a bit more tension on the drop cord.

I'm looking for some advice on repairing a Hamskea Hunter Pro rest. For my goat hunt, I strapped my bow to my pack, and I guess I was a wee bit aggressive with tightening down the straps. I managed to break the surround arm (or whatever you call it - see the pictures below) pretty much off...it's being held on by the rubber coating.

As far as I can tell, the function of the rest hasn't been impacted and the bow is still in tune. That being said, I don't know enough about the rest to say that pulling it off won't impact the rest going forward (rest came with the bow, so I didn't purchase directly).

So far I think my options are:
- Pull it off and treat it like a regular drop away rest
- try and MacGyver it with epoxy and electric tape and hope she holds
- cut my losses and replace the rest (general seasons open next Wednesday, so I'm really leaning away from this one).

Has anyone else had this happen? If so what did you do?

Thanks
Call hamskea

OP
S

Silver

FNG
Just a busted containment cage. They can be purchased directly from Hamskea.

You can absolutely just remove it for the time being and if you hunt is soon I wouldnt worry about it.

If you need one soon, I will take on off my whitetail bow and send it to you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
That is an awesome offer! I'm probably OK, but I do appreciate it.

I didn't know that you could buy just the cage...id assumed it was like so many other things that are pretty much one piece and any failure needs replacing. I'll definitely reach out to Hamskea.

Thanks to everyone who replied

devinhal

FNG
Just reach out to us or order the containment bracket online as stated above. I have been replaced the containment brackets on bows without even removing the arrow rest with the help of a stubby 3/32" allen wrench. Being able to do this will keep you from having to do any adjustments or tuning.