Repairing Rubber Boots

Does anyone have a good solution to fix splitting in rubber boots? My lacrosse snake boots are cracking on the upper side where the toe bends and I can’t find a solution online that has good success rate. I’ve seen some mention of people using roofing material, etc instead of the store bought patch kits but I’m wondering if anybody here did something to their boots that lasted more than a season or two?

Your best bet is 3M 5200 fast cure. It’s the only reasonable patching stuff I’ve found. Even still, getting another season or 2 out of them with a split in that location is unlikely.

I'd try some "GEAR AID Aquaseal SR Shoe and Boot Repair Adhesive" on the crack after you sandpaper the area to apply the adhesive over the crack and an inch direction from it. I've had good luck with it in many applications on shoes. The one ounce tube will go a long ways, but it doesn't keep after you puncture the tube to use it.....line up all your repairs and use it up once it is opened. Good luck!

Last edited:
NP1 or a similar high quality caulk...it works best if you use sandpaper on the boot before applying the caulk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk