Repairing Xpac?

I have a Stone Glacier pack that has a couple small holes/tears in the back Xpac material, and I'm wondering what's the best way to repair it. Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated.

The GearAid Tenacious Tape works well. I slapped a piece on the bottom of the bag where I was starting to get a small tear in the face fabric, figuring that I would send my bag to be repaired. That was over two years ago and it is holding up well. Through many uses and cleanings.

Attachments

• 4B8A324E-8F08-44A0-AC30-877520C430A9.jpeg
    4B8A324E-8F08-44A0-AC30-877520C430A9.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 32

tdot

WKR
3m VHB tape works very well too. You can use it as double sided tape and bond new fabric over holes or an area that is wearing from friction. Tenacious tape is easier for cuts, tape both sides of the area to be repaired for an even stronger repair.

Won’t they fix it?
I’m sure they would repair it, especially if it was a warranty repair. My instance was only a small tear on the face fabric caused by heavy use. I noticed it late summer and I didn’t want to risk not having it back by hunting season. The piece of tape has been doing such a good job that I haven’t felt like sending it back to be fixed.

OP
AK Troutbum
Won’t they fix it?

I’m sure they would, but to be quite honest, the thought never crossed my mind. The damage is pretty minor and it’s on my son’s pack, so I don’t know exactly how it happened, but I’m sure it was his fault. I just don’t feel right about asking a company to do a warranty repair when it was the users fault, and especially since it’s so small, I just figured that I could do it myself. I think I’ll take a combination of a couple ideas described above, and use tenacious tape on the shiny side, and then some aqua seal on the other side. Thanks everyone for the ideas, much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk