Replace straps or not?

I have a set of Lonewolf climbing sticks I left out for an entire year and I'm wondering if I should replace the straps? Thoughts from others.

TSAMP

WKR
Is there any areas you see that are questionable? Fraying,Worm stitching, etc? If so replace. Simply being in the elements a year isn't a reason in my opinion.

I'm looking at straps that have been out 4 years. That are in need of replacement. Color faded and beginning to fray. Thanks for the reminder!

When in doubt replace it. That being said mine are all going on 8-10 years old and I’ve never replaced them. I only leave my stands out for 4-6 weeks per year though.

hemlock1

FNG
I have a set of Lonewolf climbing sticks I left out for an entire year and I'm wondering if I should replace the straps? Thoughts from others.
Replace if you have any doubt, only way to put your mind at ease. Cheap comfort

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
I probably wouldn’t as long as they look ok but any doubt in them then yea I’d change them.

Do you use a safety harness when climbing up and down from stand?
If not and one breaks you'll sure wish you replaced. A fall arrest system will mitigate any serious injury if one does let loose.

Little different story but I hunted in the past with a guy that had his summit climber bust (hand seat part) while he was climbing one morning. Luckily he managed not to fall. After we inspected stand the culprit of fault was water collected in a section of the aluminum tube, froze and expanded the tubing causing it to crack. Other sections were rounded instead of square tube from same issue. Be careful leaving equipment out in the elements for extended periods.

On ladder stands I would leave out year round we replace straps every year before start of archery season. Better safe than sorry. Cheap enough insurance too.

If I even had the slightest question in my mind if I should replace any part on something I was climbing on I would replace it. But Im 60 years old and cowardly…. But on the flip side I have spent my whole life playing in the outdoors and never been seriously injured. Had my feeling hurt a few times however….

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
We leave ours out for several years before replacing. Check them annually. We also have lifelines on every one of them. We are fixing to start restrapping & rehanging every 4 years even if not needed. I had a friend fall this year when his feet hit the platform as the "block" attaching the lock on to the tree is what failed.

OP
C
I gave them a very good inspection and have decided to not replace them. They look and feel like new. Thanks for the input fellas.

Rich M

WKR
I was just gonna say replace em. I replace my ladder stand straps often.

You decided that they are in good shape. At least you checked em out - LW made nice stuff.