Replaceable blade broadheads - After tuning and practice what does everyone do?

Manimal

FNG
I have been shooting the QAD Exodus broadhead and have been practicing with them from now till hunting season. I am curious what everyone does when they switch and put the arrows into your quiver when it is time to hunt. Do you resharpen the blades or do you simply replace the blades with new and go hunt? I have always just replaced the blades but don't like changing anything once I know I am dialed in. Just wondered what everyone else does.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I have a couple of broadheads that are for practice only. After I shoot an animal with my hunting broadheads, I replace the blades. They're way too inexpensive for me to try to resharpen them.

I don’t change the blades because sometimes it changes the alignment. Once I have confirmed they fly true I sharpen and set aside for the hunting quiver

BradNSW

FNG
Same. Have 6xQAD Exodus 125gn. Once every week or two I shoot each once to confirm tune. Before I head out to hunt, they all get sharpened and I leave a slight coat of oil on them, as they spend two weeks "in the elements". Take top 4 up the mountain and leave two spares with the wife in the camper.

OP
Manimal

Manimal

FNG
Same. Have 6xQAD Exodus 125gn. Once every week or two I shoot each once to confirm tune. Before I head out to hunt, they all get sharpened and I leave a slight coat of oil on them, as they spend two weeks "in the elements". Take top 4 up the mountain and leave two spares with the wife in the camper.
How are you sharpening the Exodus?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I used to resharpen my Wac'em and Striker blades. As long as the heads spin true, they shouldn't be flying any differently than they did before the sharpening.

BradNSW

FNG
How are you sharpening the Exodus?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Two stones, circular motion on oil till bevel is equal on all sides, then go to the next stone (fine polishing stone) till bevel is shiny. Final edge is on a leather strop....then some oil and into the quiver. I do this the night before I head up.

92python

FNG
I shoot slick tricks and have a bunch of blades that are just a little dinged up from shooting animals. I take the ones that are still sound but more dinged up and those blades on good ferrules for target practice/broadhead tuning. I touch up my other blades with a sharpener and strop to get them very sharp. When its time to hunt I put those blades on and make a couple shots into a broadhead target to make sure nothing is off and go hunt. Usually keep another slightly dinged up but tested broadhead or two all set up on a proven arrow to practice during the hunting season just to make sure everything is where it need to be.

406unltd

WKR
New blades. That’s why you’re shooting an replaceable blade head. Then spin again before going out and you’re good to go