Replacement foam for SKB Case

wayoh22

WKR
As the title states - I need to replace the bottom foam insert in a SKB 3i-4214 case. I called SKB and asked about obtaining the foam and they said they don't supply their own foam and gave me the number to the company that does. I called them and they quoted me $400+ for the replacement foam and that I would need to obtain the file from SKB for the case dimensions. That's ridiculous to me that the foam alone costs more than the whole case

So does anybody have any alternative that isn't unreasonable?

OR Archer

WKR
I just pack my hunting clothes around my bow. With no foam I can put more gear in the case. Still plenty of protection.
I would look at upholstery supply stores for the foam. You could probably source something close from there.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
You could go this route

Not cheap but very custom if you put the work in. You could also trace your bow and see if they can match the case. I did this for my own case and it took more work than I expected. My SKB has some hard to match corners when doing fully DIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elkhntr08

WKR
Eberlestock has a foam kit for the Hercules bag. Get 2 pieces of foam for $70. I’ve got the Hercules bag and a SKB Double bow case, I can measure them up this weekend if that would help you.