replacement for Berger ammo 300wm 215 hybrids

mabrams

FNG
I have been shooting 300wm Berger ammo in the 215 hybrid and my gun absolutely loves this round. I have learned that this ammo is no longer being produced and I'm curious what other are shooting with great results. I do not reload so over the counter ammo is what I'm after. I have no problem ordering through a custom reloader if they are a reputable company. I apricate your help.

Unknown munitions never tried but but believe they support the site and have heard good things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyjunky

WKR
From my understanding Federal will still produce the ammo. I believe Berger stopped making it because the load was outside SAAMI spec.

Spoonman

WKR
I have been shooting 300wm Berger ammo in the 215 hybrid and my gun absolutely loves this round. I have learned that this ammo is no longer being produced and I'm curious what other are shooting with great results. I do not reload so over the counter ammo is what I'm after. I have no problem ordering through a custom reloader if they are a reputable company. I apricate your help.
I’m in the same boat. I shoot the factory loaded Berger 215 in my rifle and it shoots it absolutely amazing. Federal is the only one making it right now that I know of. I have 5 boxes left (scored 2) a couple weeks ago trading handgun ammo for it. Some of the companies that hand load may make it but they seem to be out of everything as well.

tdhanses

WKR
Is it done or just on hold?

I’ve seen a bunch of that federal 215 load on shelves prior to the last month or so. I wonder if they try to keep it close to SAAMI length or if it’s longer like the Berger load. Be a shame to load a 215 at 3.34” coal.

Saw rumors that Berger might be back with their 215 load once the lapua WM brass is done, don’t know the validity. I didn’t notice a gap in ammo when they switched the 300 Norma ammo from Norma to lapua brass.

slowelk

WKR
I got five boxes of the Berger loaded 215s back in August for my Seekins PH2. They had four more boxes at the time that I now wish I'd bought due to the discontinuation.

That said, I also turned to Unknown Munitions. They are still (when in stock) loading the 215s at 3.6", but they are using IMR 7977 rather than the H1000 I was told Berger was using in their factory loads.

I got five boxes of the Berger loaded 215s back in August for my Seekins PH2. They had four more boxes at the time that I now wish I'd bought due to the discontinuation.

That said, I also turned to Unknown Munitions. They are still (when in stock) loading the 215s at 3.6", but they are using IMR 7977 rather than the H1000 I was told Berger was using in their factory loads.

The berger 215 ammo i disassembled was not h1000. I dont remember the details but i believe the charge weight did not align with the velocities I was seeing as well as the powder appeared a bit different.

Maybe ABM munitions at one point before it was labeled berger used H1000?

I'd guess that most berger ammo is loaded with Viht powders since it is under the same capstone group ownership.

Spoonman

WKR
Not sure if the powder in the factory loaded Berger ammo but my 300wm is pushing the 215’s at around 2870 and are very consistent and accurate. Wish I could find more !!!

slowelk

WKR
The berger 215 ammo i disassembled was not h1000. I dont remember the details but i believe the charge weight did not align with the velocities I was seeing as well as the powder appeared a bit different.

Maybe ABM munitions at one point before it was labeled berger used H1000?

I'd guess that most berger ammo is loaded with Viht powders since it is under the same capstone group ownership.

Your research is much more scientific than mine, I just called Berger and asked what they loaded it with.