Replacement for Lowa Tech Lite Hunters??

mod7rem

FNG
Hello,
I bought Lowa Tech Lite Hunters from L&S in 2015 and have been using them every year for sheep hunts plus other mountain hunts. I absolutely love everything about these boots except they’ve always been terrible for keeping water out. Now after this years sheep hunt, they’re getting pretty beat up and I’m tired of always having wet feet. I’m a small slim guy with size 8 narrowish feet and these fit perfectly right out of the box.
For those of you that have used this same boot and loved the fit, weight and overall performance for mountain hunts(other than waterproofness); have you found anything that matches but has better water repellency?

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
Having the same wet feet issues more recently after years of not having those issues with Lowa I'm trying Scarpa this year. Can't say they'll do any better but I was tired of wet feet too. I have a narrow ish small volume foot which Lowa was good for (and why I wore them). Scarpa seems to fit my foot well. The toe box is bigger (which I like) and the rest fits really great. They fit well out of the box and I'm getting some good miles in on them now but hardly any rain to speak of. I do use an aftermarket fairly thick insole but I do that in almost any boot the Lowa's included. Sportiva is known to fit small volume narrow feet too but I have not tried their boots. I have worn many of their shoes for a really long time and they fit my feet great. If the Scarpa doesn't work I'll try a Sportiva boot next.