Replacement stock for T3 with CTR barrel?

OutdoorAg

WKR
I have a Tikka T3 with a CTR take off barrel.

I've tried opening up the T3 stock to accept, but I'm running out of meat and don't think I'll get the barrel fully placed in the channel with the action/lug in place.

Any suggestions for a hunting style (no chassis, no beaver tail varmint stock) to accommodate the T3 with CTR barrel? So yes, this rifle has the T3 bottom metal, just a CTR barrel.

What I've looked at so far:

-McMillan Sako Classic - only accepts up to a Douglas #4. So probably not going to cut it with the CTR light palma contour
-McMillan Hunters Edge - not enough meat
-Manners EHT - appears to have enough for the CTR barrel. I've just been soured on Manners in the past - wait times and prices.

Anything else I'm missing that is more of a straight comb, hunting style stock, T3 bottom metal, but enough meat to handle the CTR barrel?

Thanks,
O-Ag

Big Ern

WKR
Manners eh1
McM Game Warden

i have a McM game scout and my gunsmith opened it up to accept a proof cf sendero lite.

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
Thanks. Was hoping for something a little less "bench/prone shooter"style, and a little more traditional hunting style. Much like the CTR stock, just with the T3 bottom metal.

Big Ern

WKR
That's what I used to prefer, as well, until I started getting into long-range shooting stuff. I did it solely to help my hunting/shooting (which it has tenfold). The vertical grip style stocks take a little getting used to, but once you do (I still don't like chassis stocks and prefer mcm or manners), I could never go back. They benefit all shooting positions i.e. prone, tripod, obstacle, kneeling, etc. You should give one a try if you have a friend who will let you spend some time at the range with one.

ericwh

WKR
Unless your left handed, factory "T3 Varmint" stocks come up used occasionally on ebay. T3 bottom metal, heavy barrel profile. But I think it's basically what you are making on your own...

mmw194287

WKR
I've got a T3 varmint stock sitting unused in the basement. If you're still looking, just let me know--I'd be happy to cut you a deal.