Replacement trigger for winchester model 70

the original pre-64 trigger WAS and IS the finest example of a trigger for a HUNTING rifle ever made - Jewell and Timney make awesome triggers BUT having a knowledgeable gunsmith, one who KNOWS how to work on the whole trigger, IMO is the best and least expensive way to go - have him show you how that trigger works and you'll be impressed I'm sure - Perfection and SIMPLICITY in one package

You can buy a 9 dollar spring from Ernie the gunsmith and tune your factory trigger, or Timney also makes a decent trigger for the M70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can buy a 9 dollar spring from Ernie the gunsmith and tune your factory trigger, or Timney also makes a decent trigger for the M70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
many nice triggers for the M70 on aftermarket but none that I know of that are 100% open and nearly impossible to corrupt in the field dependant on conditions

Those of you that went the spring route, do you like the target spring or the hunter?

I’ll be able to do a comparison next week. Have been using a hunter spring in my pre 64 30-06 and just ordered the target spring for my new pre 64 264win mag. So far the hunter is a nice crisp 3 pounds with a little adjustment. Hoping the target is identical aside from being a pound lighter.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I didn’t really like the MOA trigger that came on my m70 so I got the tinney, it was an easy swap, took about 15 mins and was a night and day difference.

Reviving this thread to see if there are any follow ups
I tried both of the Ernie springs in my M70 moa trigger, didn't like either. The pull was lightened but the trigger still did not impress me.
Replaced the moa setup with a Timney, while its a definite improvement over moa, its by no means anywhere near the quality of a Triggertech. Hoping Triggertech comes out with a drop in for the M70.....

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
I put a m.carbo spring in my M70 .264 Win Mag ‘83. Dropped to little less then 3 lb and reduced over travel to none. Great improvement to me.