Replacing sole on Meindl and Lowa Boots

Wandering what others have experienced replacing the soles on Meindl Denali (now Vakuum Hunter) and the Lowa Tibet boots. My Meindl’s soles are done after the past season and I need to decide to find a shoe repair shop to fit with new soles or keep as they are and replace with new. Main concerns would be cost, OEM Vibram sole availability, quality of work and staying together. My Lowa Tibet boots have another year or so, but will be in the same situation soon. To my knowledge, neither Meindl or Lowa have a reconditioning program.

There is a guy name dave the cobbler up in Washington that does all kinds of boots. I've have 2 pairs done by him and both came out great. A pair of Asolo's and a pair of Danners.

The name is Dave Page. He did warranty repair on my Salewa boots. Also check out Rocky Mountain Resole.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I just sent a pair of Lowa tibets back in for resole. Could have maybe got another year out of them, but didn't want to take any chances. Website says it could take up to 12 weeks for resole. 3 weeks into the wait now.

slvrslngr

WKR
Wandering what others have experienced replacing the soles on Meindl Denali (now Vakuum Hunter) and the Lowa Tibet boots. My Meindl’s soles are done after the past season and I need to decide to find a shoe repair shop to fit with new soles or keep as they are and replace with new. Main concerns would be cost, OEM Vibram sole availability, quality of work and staying together. My Lowa Tibet boots have another year or so, but will be in the same situation soon. To my knowledge, neither Meindl or Lowa have a reconditioning program.
David Page in Seattle. He did a pair of Lowa Tibets for me. For a new midsole, sole and rand, plus a couple eyelets, it was $140 if I recall correctly. I'd give their shop a call and discuss your needs first.

^Click here

Great looking PP BTW!

Last edited: