Replacing SuperDay

bowboy378

FNG
Do not like my badlands super day for whitetails. I’m not a fan of how stiff the belt is, and I’m a taller guy at 6’4”, so it doesn’t fit that well. I’m really just hauling clothes, water and snacks in. On occasion I will pack in a light platform and a couple sticks. Kind of partial to the Kifaru brand, but never owned one yet. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
bowboy378

bowboy378

FNG
Side note, it most likely won’t haul meat either

jip40

FNG
The Stryker or Stryker XL should work. You can find Strykers cheaper right now since everyone is picking up the XL.

OP
bowboy378

bowboy378

FNG
So I am seeing tons of strykers for sale. So the idea behind the stryker is it can be a small pack, and it can be a big pack if it wants to be?

lukemcd44

FNG
Do not like my badlands super day for whitetails. I’m not a fan of how stiff the belt is, and I’m a taller guy at 6’4”, so it doesn’t fit that well. I’m really just hauling clothes, water and snacks in. On occasion I will pack in a light platform and a couple sticks. Kind of partial to the Kifaru brand, but never owned one yet. Suggestions?

I personally have the stryker and I love it. The Stryker XL would definitely be a great option as well. Just depends on how much you will be hauling in and out

Vaultman

WKR
Strykers are the in thing now. I love my 22 Mag, gen 1. Other swear by the gen 2, but I do not think the gen 1 can be beat by much!

boxx

Lil-Rokslider
With the Styker, you'll need a frame too, so keep that in mind.
I was in your situation exactly. I had the superday, it worked well, but the belt was too stiff and bulky for me. And the pockets on the belt were about useless with how the zippers were set up.
I upgraded to the Kifaru Shapecharge with the Sherman pocket. The belt is not nearly as stiff but still provides a lot of support. It hauls clothes, water, and snacks just fine. And it sits on me a lot better, not nearly as bulky as the Superday
I will be hauling some sticks with it this year and I have no concerns with it handling it.

pirogue

WKR
I really like my Kifaru Antero for day hunts, as well as taking everything you mention, plus more, to the tree stand. I also have a Grab-it if I have a bulky coat I want to carry. Did not want the belt on it, because I like to carry a side arm on my regular belt.