Reporting Harvest to Montana FWP

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I can't find in the handbook where exactly you are supposed to take a bear for reporting? I tried calling the hotline but nobody answered. We'll be hunting around Libby...can you just present the bear to the nearest ranger station?

You can have it inspected by any warden or at any fwp regional office. Forest service ranger stations do not inspect bears. Give the fwp region 1 hq office a call before your hunt and get a few wardens numbers should the office be closed when you need an inspection. Good luck

You can use this link to log in to report. https://myfwp.mt.gov/fwpExtPortal/login/login.jsp

I screenshot an email I received last week from FWP regarding mandatory reporting. Hope it helps.
67d2b7a200fad4754e7bbcb1a616f283.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

If you are hunting around Libby you are not required to report the harvest either online or through the phone system. You just need to bring the bear to a FWP office within 10 days of harvest. The 48-hr reporting requirement is just for units that have a quota. You can see in @MTbowhunter36 post that the only BMU's that require this are 510, 520 and 700.

I am not sure about the Libby field office but, I do know that at the Region 1 office in Kalispell the bear biologist is there on Mondays and Thursdays and then intermittently the rest of the week. If you call the field office in Libby they can let you know what days the bio is normally in.