Repurpose hammock material ideas?

So I’ve got a hammock that’s pretty much new, one of those not well thought purchases.

My moms got a couple of sewing machines and I’ve used them a little bit here and there. I’m wondering what would be a good use of this material? 70 denier nylon taffeta

I’m new to the light weight program

OP
Blacktail_Packer
I guess maybe a better question is will this be hard to work with? It seems a lot slipperyer than anything I’ve done. All of my sewing experience has been with heavier materials.

I think I’d like to try maybe some stuff sacks or storage pods. What kind of thread should I use?

Guterman mara 100 or Tera 80

The Mara 100 is polyester the Tera 80 is nylon. The Mara 100 is sold under another name at fabric stores. Get some number 3 zipper coil and pulls and make a few bags

Dools009

FNG
the right needle for the thread and fabric is pretty key as well. Mara 100 as recommended above is great, I use that with Schmetz microtex 70/10 needles on ultralight fabrics light what you are looking to repurpose..

Dools009

FNG
also with slippery fabrics pinning the 2 sheets of fabric together every 8-10" is huge for keeping things lined up and not ending up with problems when the lower sheet of fabric slips